• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

watchguy1234

Reaction score

I picked up a strap from ACM and swapped it onto the watch this evening. I'm pretty happy with how the combo turned out. It feels a bit more approachable and casual compared to the shiny black alligator strap, and perhaps even lets the dial shine a bit more. Apologies in advance for the bedroom shot (I took it off shortly after) and for the calendar apertures being in flux.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up a strap from ACM and swapped it onto the watch this evening. I'm pretty happy with how the combo turned out. It feels a bit more approachable and casual compared to the shiny black alligator strap, and perhaps even lets the dial shine a bit more. Apologies in advance for the bedroom shot (I took it off shortly after) and for the calendar apertures being in flux.
i sort of like the strap. I think it’s a great color for the warmer months.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make an appointment. All the luxury stores in Miami are a zoo recently. You probably won’t get a discount but sometimes they’ll throw in a free strap or something.
Typically no discounts at boutiques but they may throw in a free strap or something like that if you ask.

Also, be sure to phone ahead and set an appointment. Cartier has been pretty strict on the appointment thing since Covid.
Never visited the Miami boutique. As others have stated, no discounts at Cartier boutiques, but they should give you an extra strap if you ask. If they won't give you an extra strap, then come up north for a weekend getaway, and I hook you up with my sales associate, who I'm sure will. In addition, to making an appointment, you may want to tell them which pieces you want to see. You don't want to get there to find out that they had the pieces you wanted a few days earlier and sold them. In addition, if the Tank model you want to see is a Tank Louis Cartier, they may need to request one as its a somewhat limited production model that isn't always at the boutiques. Wishing you lots of luck and fun shopping for watches.
The Miami Cartier boutique is located in the Design District, Miami's equivalent of Rodeo Drive. All the watch boutiques surround a courtyard, making it very easy pre-pandemic to see a lot of watches in a short period of time. Sadly, most of the boutiques are open by appointment only now. If you like contemporary art, the de la Cruz Collection and the ICA are free and a few blocks away.
Thanks for the input, all. So consensus is no discounts at the boutique. Not really a big deal, but always happy to save money when I can. I'll at least save 2% in sales tax if I buy there compared to here or online, so I'll count that as a win lol. I'll see if I can grab a free strap out of it if I do decide to buy.

@Dino944, thanks for the tip on making an appointment. When my schedule for that weekend becomes more clear, I'll do that.

@Ambulance Chaser, I frankly don't know enough about art to have any kind of discerning preference other than, "Ooh I like that!" But I enjoy looking at it. I'll try to check out those two places you mentioned if time allows. Any casual lunch recommendations in walking range in that general area? Good local coffee shops? I'll be taking an Uber from my hotel in Miami Beach, so I won't have a car, and I don't know the area.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The watch is beautiful, and I do really like that strap with it.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Surprisingly, there are few dining options in the Design District. Do people not get hungry after a morning of shopping at fancy boutiques? I've had good meals at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink. There might be one or two other places.

Father Style

Reaction score
Hello Gents,
I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me date this Illinois pocket watch. My mother found it while she was moving. I believe it belonged to my grandfather who was born in the early 1920s but I am not sure how long he may have had it. It still works, apparently!

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, all. So consensus is no discounts at the boutique. Not really a big deal, but always happy to save money when I can. I'll at least save 2% in sales tax if I buy there compared to here or online, so I'll count that as a win lol. I'll see if I can grab a free strap out of it if I do decide to buy.

@Dino944, thanks for the tip on making an appointment. When my schedule for that weekend becomes more clear, I'll do that.

@Ambulance Chaser, I frankly don't know enough about art to have any kind of discerning preference other than, "Ooh I like that!" But I enjoy looking at it. I'll try to check out those two places you mentioned if time allows. Any casual lunch recommendations in walking range in that general area? Good local coffee shops? I'll be taking an Uber from my hotel in Miami Beach, so I won't have a car, and I don't know the area.
If you’re crossing the bridge anyway, you might as well go to Wynwood and check out Panther Coffee. Coyo Taco is near there too and good for a quickish bite. The Design District area itself also has a great high end food court. There’s also Michael’s Genuine which is really popular there.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello Gents,
I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me date this Illinois pocket watch. My mother found it while she was moving. I believe it belonged to my grandfather who was born in the early 1920s but I am not sure how long he may have had it. It still works, apparently!

View attachment 1717508
View attachment 1717509

va230815

Reaction score

Still available looks like. 1 per person

va230815

Reaction score
Ah damn, they opened for sale at 8am est. I got a notification but was busy at work to check till now. They're good about emailing when the next drop will be

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah damn, they opened for sale at 8am est. I got a notification but was busy at work to check till now. They're good about emailing when the next drop will be
I got an email at 6am Houston time saying go live is one hour. I woke up at 8am so I knew it was already gone.

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 14.3%