• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked why not, to which he responded: “Our research shows that you sold a Panerai in 2015 and a Cartier Tank in 2017. To put it delicately, we need to be extra-careful about the sorts of clients we work with and these activities were flagged as potential concerns.” Head. Exploding. I stopped being nice and polite: “So, you mean to tell me, because I sold two watches over the past six years, both of which I lost money on and neither of which are Pateks, that I am somehow a reputational risk as a flipper??? That is as stupid as it is insulting.”
The GMT is for me. Unless I flip.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NYT article posted earlier I saw. BoF writing about it.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5205 really is a looker. The case shape is especially dynamic and three dimensional.
Thanks!

I really do love this one. I think it is rather unique among Patek references.

I wonder when it will be discontinued. I hope it is soon :).

The one thing that did suck... paying for that deployant. Yowza.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be in Miami in February on business. Staying at the Fontainebleu in Miami Beach. I want to go look at a Cartier Tank in person and potentially buy it from the boutique in Miami, maybe even a Panthere for my wife if I'm feeling generous. Anyone have experience with the boutique there? Are discounts viable at Cartier boutiques?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be in Miami in February on business. Staying at the Fontainebleu in Miami Beach. I want to go look at a Cartier Tank in person and potentially buy it from the boutique in Miami, maybe even a Panthere for my wife if I'm feeling generous. Anyone have experience with the boutique there? Are discounts viable at Cartier boutiques?
Make an appointment. All the luxury stores in Miami are a zoo recently. You probably won’t get a discount but sometimes they’ll throw in a free strap or something.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are discounts viable at Cartier boutiques?
Typically no discounts at boutiques but they may throw in a free strap or something like that if you ask.

Also, be sure to phone ahead and set an appointment. Cartier has been pretty strict on the appointment thing since Covid.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members