• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Czepak is my favorite by some distance, followed by the Bvlgari which has the advantage of being substantially less. The rest of these are way farther down the line for me and there are numerous other watches I would rather have in front of them.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cartier Santos
Rightly or wrongly, I am not sure that I include Cartier in this category - however, that is not a knock on Cartier.

@mak1277 - you are right, Piaget Polo should be included. Not sure if I include the Defy. That watch is seemingly looking forward, rather than back.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rightly or wrongly, I am not sure that I include Cartier in this category - however, that is not a knock on Cartier.

@mak1277 - you are right, Piaget Polo should be included. Not sure if I include the Defy. That watch is seemingly looking forward, rather than back.
I guess I'm thinking of the Defy Classic, which I see as just another Royal Oak knock off.

pmeis

Reaction score
If the Octo fit my wrist better it would have been directly up against the Santos I ended up with.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This picture fully solidifies my general distaste for integrated bracelets.
The RO and Nautilus are the originals so they get a pass and the Moser is the most unique for integrated bracelets. All others are too much of a knockoff/derivative of the original.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That montage is missing one rather prominent player, is it not?

1635352628723.png

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RO and Nautilus are the originals so they get a pass and the Moser is the most unique for integrated bracelets. All others are too much of a knockoff/derivative of the original.
I agree those three are the best. I also do like the VC with the changeable bracelet/strap system.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kind of getting tired of wearing my Submariner with tailoring, especially formalwear. Have done that for twenty years now but think it's time I grabbed a more formal watch. Will pass the Sub to my son at some point (maybe when the recent Law School grad actually does something beyond be a professional student...).

I really like clean-looking watches and dislike any complications beyond a date function. Also dislike small seconds for some reason I can't quite articulate. Too many years watching 60 Minutes maybe? Looking at JLC Master Control but think they are starting to skew casual and JLC is pushing the Ultra Thin version as their entry-level dress watch.

The 40mm JLC-MC ($7250 retail) is on the left. With the brown strap, numerals, and blued sweep hand it's veering into IWC Pilot watch territory. Nothing wrong with that but if I wanted that look I'd go for the IWC Spitfire or something similar. 39mm JLC-MC Ultra Thin ($8100 retail) is on the right and looks more like a classic dress watch to me.

What do you guys think? Any other dress watches in that price range?

1635353326145.png

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree those three are the best. I also do like the VC with the changeable bracelet/strap system.
The VC Overseas design just never worked for me. I always thought the 222 was better but VC won't re-release that one. 222 updated in a 38mm or 39mm would be a killer.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.