• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some recent machinations on the less expensive side of my collection.

Somebody made me an offer on the Nomos Metro Update that I felt was a bit bigger than I liked, so I took him up on it and basically made a three for one trade with the proceeds (+$200) on some newly released watches, including the Baltic Calatrava with the Chinese microrotar movement that was mentioned a couple weeks ago. One 41mm watch for two 36mm and one 38mm watch...I find these three together to be more fun.

Some individual pics of the Baltic. Even with concerns of its derivativeness, there just isn't anything that really exists like this under $30k for some reason. There are some Longines Calatrava like options that dabble around $2k, but it's not like there are dozens of 570p lookalikes at all price levels like there are Submariner looking dive watches. Its a strange gap in the marketplace. I think the watch is done well enough for the price. I really like that this watch exists, but I do struggle to understand when I will wear it. Given how seldom I have genuine need to dress up (not that a suit is required to wear it), the cost is probably appropriate for the amount of use I will get out of it. At the same time, on the rare occasion I need to wear a suit, am I really going to want to wear this over my Santos on its gator strap or my Tangente?

That’s a great looking watch. To me, it does not have to be paired with formal attire. In fact it reads pretty casual (maybe business) to me.

pmeis

Reaction score
That’s a great looking watch. To me, it does not have to be paired with formal attire. In fact it reads pretty casual (maybe business) to me.
I agree, though the 30m wr and hesalite crystal aren't necessarily aligned well with my day to day lifestyle including an super active 10 month old. We'll see!

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AP RO PC is so good. Maybe my favorite.

pmeis

Reaction score
Got one of my NOMOS back from the spa today. Shipped out to NOMOS NY on August 20th and recieved back today. Two months seems decent enough. Wild thing right now is my sense of proportion has changed since I last wore this. The last time it was on my wrist, I was thinking it was too small. Right now, between my latest 36mm receipts and my Zenith, it feels just right.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got one of my NOMOS back from the spa today. Shipped out to NOMOS NY on August 20th and recieved back today. Two months seems decent enough. Wild thing right now is my sense of proportion has changed since I last wore this. The last time it was on my wrist, I was thinking it was too small. Right now, between my latest 36mm receipts and my Zenith, it feels just right.

I love the size/dimensions of the Club. I've had the Club Automat for almost five years now. Love wearing it as a business casual watch.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This one is.

"At its launch, the new Pasha is being offered in two sizes, 41mm and 35mm, and the new generation of Pasha watches benefits from the caliber 1847 MC, a sturdy and more-than-serviceable in-house automatic caliber that we've seen used extensively already, for example in Santos."

Not too sure about the chrono.

Petey

Reaction score
Anyone has any love for girard perregaux laureato? I love their smaller ceramics. It’s 36mm if I’m not wrong

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pasha chronograph uses an inhouse movment also. This article is about the evolution of the caliber 1904, which is the basis for many of their movements including the chronograph. https://en.worldtempus.com/article/watches/innovation-and-technology/cartier-1904-mc--the-chameleon-calibre-19713.html

This is from an article by Hodinkee about the Santos Chronograph, which uses the same movement as the Pasha chronograph 1904 CH MC. "The movement powering the Santos Chronograph is the in-house caliber 1904 CH MC, an excellent self-winding column-wheel chronograph that has been part of the company's movement family since 2012." https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/cartier-santos-chronograph-hands-on

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any love for girard perregaux laureato? I love their smaller ceramics. It’s 36mm if I’m not wrong

I like the design, at least in photos, but I have tried on the all steel Laureato and I found the bracelet rather disappointing and the dials not all that appealing in person. I have never tried on a ceramic or 36mm watch from them.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.