• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a great pickup, @Thin White Duke!
Cheers George.
Nice to see a couple of people with some admiration for Bremont. They’re clearly a defined aesthetic not for everyone but variety is the spice.
Love your smurf too. Is it yellow gold or TT? My daily beater is the SS sub which was originally black but I converted to smurf blue dial and bezel.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers George.
Nice to see a couple of people with some admiration for Bremont. They’re clearly a defined aesthetic not for everyone but variety is the spice.
Love your smurf too. Is it yellow gold or TT? My daily beater is the SS sub which was originally black but I converted to smurf blue dial and bezel.
I recently met a man (originally from the Bay area) with perhaps the largest and most valuable watch collection I will likely ever see. Pateks, Langes, lots of JLC, as well as a handful of Bremont. As the story goes, he bought one of the watches they make for people who have used a plane ejector seat on the secondary market. These are obviously hard to get. He subsequently bought a couple other Bremonts and really enjoyed the brand.

One day, he was driving through town and saw a vintage E-type Jag broken down on the side of the road and as a classic car owner, stopped to help. It turns out to be the two brothers who run Bremont, and he drives them to the watch shop they were headed to and helps them get their car mended. They of course talk watches and he tells them of his Bremont collection and is invited to visit them in England. He of course goes and during his visit they ask how they can repay his kindness. THey settled upon a piece unique, twice over: They make him an MB1 watch despite not being a pilot (nor having ejected form a plane), and add yellow accents in place of the traditional red.

He had a number of stories of dealing directly with manufacturers, but this one was pretty special.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently met a man (originally from the Bay area) with perhaps the largest and most valuable watch collection I will likely ever see. Pateks, Langes, lots of JLC, as well as a handful of Bremont. As the story goes, he bought one of the watches they make for people who have used a plane ejector seat on the secondary market. These are obviously hard to get. He subsequently bought a couple other Bremonts and really enjoyed the brand.

One day, he was driving through town and saw a vintage E-type Jag broken down on the side of the road and as a classic car owner, stopped to help. It turns out to be the two brothers who run Bremont, and he drives them to the watch shop they were headed to and helps them get their car mended. They of course talk watches and he tells them of his Bremont collection and is invited to visit them in England. He of course goes and during his visit they ask how they can repay his kindness. THey settled upon a piece unique, twice over: They make him an MB1 watch despite not being a pilot (nor having ejected form a plane), and add yellow accents in place of the traditional red.

He had a number of stories of dealing directly with manufacturers, but this one was pretty special.
Great story! I guess they are big fans of the E-Type as they have have the automobile and have made "E-Type" edition watches, which resemble the gauges in the car. A friend who owns several vintage cars, bought an E-Type Bremont watch when he was searching for the right E-Type car. He hasn't bought the car yet, but he has since sold the watch. I believe he had a few problems with the watch, so in that respect it was good practice for owning an original E-Type car ;) :rotflmao:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great story! I guess they are big fans of the E-Type as they have have the automobile and have made "E-Type" edition watches, which resemble the gauges in the car. A friend who owns several vintage cars, bought an E-Type Bremont watch when he was searching for the right E-Type car. He hasn't bought the car yet, but he has since sold the watch. I believe he had a few problems with the watch, so in that respect it was good practice for owning an original E-Type car ;) :rotflmao:
Yeah good story @bdavro23
I had to chuckle at the E type breaking down. Was ever a more gorgeous car let down by what’s under the bonnet? Lucas electronics man - Urgh!
If I came up on the lotto I’d be tempted buy one of those rebuild Eagle cars where they take an E type shell and fill it with modern technology for silly money. I know that goes against your ‘all original’ ethos Dino, but it’s too bad we’ve never produced a better looking car in the last fifty years despite the advances in performance, reliability and technology!

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer.

Is the bracelet of the same vintage? Is it Omega? Where did you source it?

Congrats.
The bracelet is a brand new modern one and no, it isn’t original Omega. It was from Etsy of all places. I’m pleasantly surprised by how well it fits and matches the watch, which must be around 60 years old. I was considering getting a genuine vintage Omega one, but I’m not sure I’ll bother.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers George.
It’s full gold, man.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah good story @bdavro23
I had to chuckle at the E type breaking down. Was ever a more gorgeous car let down by what’s under the bonnet? Lucas electronics man - Urgh!
If I came up on the lotto I’d be tempted buy one of those rebuild Eagle cars where they take an E type shell and fill it with modern technology for silly money. I know that goes against your ‘all original’ ethos Dino, but it’s too bad we’ve never produced a better looking car in the last fifty years despite the advances in performance, reliability and technology!
Yes, the E-Type is beautiful! I believe one is permanently on display in NY at the Museum of Modern Art.
Lucas the often referred to as the "The Prince of Darkness." A former MG owner/car friend's favorite joke was,
"You know why the British like warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators too!"

Here's list of of good Lucas jokes from a Jaguar website. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/collection-lucas-jokes-21723/

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fake watch, bro.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.