• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a diver day for me today.

B7686788-E77E-4DD4-94DF-9CB4CDF4C4CA.jpeg

On the subject of fakes. I’ve seen plenty in pictures that I couldn’t pick out, but never handled one that could be mistaken for a real one once in hand. I suspect they are out there, but pretty uncommon.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the way you’re wearing it is exactly how it should be.

I often see men wearing a watch like that with short sleeves and it just screams bling. I suppose that’s the intent.

But here, the bulk and color blends in harmoniously with the textures and colors surrounding it.

Perhaps it’s just good photography, but it’s a nice presentation.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the way you’re wearing it is exactly how it should be.

I often see men wearing a watch like that with short sleeves and it just screams bling. I suppose that’s the intent.

But here, the bulk and color blends in harmoniously with the textures and colors surrounding it.

Perhaps it’s just good photography, but it’s a nice presentation.
Thank you very much. I wore it the other day with that knit and something about it just felt right.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great photo, as usual.

On the recent subject of fakes, there was a recent WUS thread from earlier this week in which a long time member, self proclaimed "Rolex expert" called out someone for posting a fake Sub. The alleged faker wasn't having it and, after a couple dozen (I think) pages of comments, he proved it was real and the OP ate crow before the mods locked the thread. Even though that watch turned out to be real, I guess it goes to show how convincing Rolex fakes can be now that a so called "expert" called someone out like that. Goes to show you often can't judge genuineness by an internet photo unless it's a really obvious fake.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great photo, as usual.

On the recent subject of fakes, there was a recent WUS thread from earlier this week in which a long time member, self proclaimed "Rolex expert" called out someone for posting a fake Sub. The alleged faker wasn't having it and, after a couple dozen (I think) pages of comments, he proved it was real and the OP ate crow before the mods locked the thread. Even though that watch turned out to be real, I guess it goes to show how convincing Rolex fakes can be now that a so called "expert" called someone out like that. Goes to show you often can't judge genuineness by an internet photo unless it's a really obvious fake.
It's really scary. There are videos on YouTube where you can't tell the difference until you take the caseback off and compare the movements.

As always, buy the seller, not the watch.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.