• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Phoenician

Reaction score
For sure, both of them are great chronographs. And let's face it, the Daytona is an icon at this point.

The feature I probably like most about the Zenith is actually the "tenth of a second" capability, as displayed on the bezel. Well, that, and the fact you can actually buy one LOL.

Also very, nice pickup by @Phoenician with that Defy 21. Congratulations....great pics, too.
Thanks Keith! The Defy 21 is 1/100th of a second, so it's killer to watch that center hand spin around like a bat out of hell!

pasadena man

Reaction score
Awesome. To me the Fifty Fathoms is by far the most beautiful of the "elegant" sector of dive watches. I don't dislike all 430 date windows, but I wish this one had no date at all. That being said, it really takes nothing away from that piece for me. Congrats on a stunner.
-The Fifty Fathoms seems to me to exist in its own aesthetic universe, unlike anything else.

-The traditional domed bezel is the most beautiful I have come across, and needs to be seen in the metal (ceramic? Bakelite?) to be fully appreciated.

-They do some of the best, inkiest, blues out there, appropriately for this model family.

-The Bathyscaphe is an excellent update of the traditional model IMO. It results in a lot of negative space versus the original, though, which can be either a plus or minus.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you perceive to be lacking in your current collection?
Nothing. I have the opposite problem - too many pieces, some of which I never wear. I never wear my Nautilus because I’m afraid of scratching it. I never wear my ceramic Daytona because I like the steel bezel much better. Just minor shit like that which always bothers me, ya know?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing. I have the opposite problem - too many pieces, some of which I never wear. I never wear my Nautilus because I’m afraid of scratching it. I never wear my ceramic Daytona because I like the steel bezel much better. Just minor shit like that which always bothers me, ya know?
What’s the next step above first world problem?

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

Low effort. Minus 5 internet points.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.