• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was on vacation. Got it on my last day.
Oof that’s a tough break. Hope you’re on the mend.
I saw a version of your IWC 40 when I was in Mayors in Tampa recently. Either the one I saw is a different colour or you have a knack for photography but the blue version I saw wasn’t nearly as bright and attractive as yours seems to be when you post pics on here!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oof that’s a tough break. Hope you’re on the mend.
I saw a version of your IWC 40 when I was in Mayors in Tampa recently. Either the one I saw is a different colour or you have a knack for photography but the blue version I saw wasn’t nearly as bright and attractive as yours seems to be when you post pics on here!
Thanks, man. I’m slowly feeling better. Honestly, that watch pops OUTDOORS. Indoors, the blue is much more muted.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I’m slowly feeling better. Honestly, that watch pops OUTDOORS. Indoors, the blue is much more muted.
Ah maybe that’s what it is.
I also have a jones for the blue VC overseas and was disappointed when I saw that IRL too but you may be right, maybe the indoor muted light of the watch boutiques don’t do ‘em justice.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know what you have to do to celebrate your recovery. :devil:

(No seriously, hope you feel better soon.)

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question about chrono 24 …

Saw a somewhat rare LE watch there that I’ve been trying to track down for a while. The seller is in the Middle East.

Sent an offer about $300 lower than the asking price (4500 vs 4800) and yet to receive a reply.

Anyone who is familiar with that site (it’s my first time) - what’s the etiquette? Is it likely this seller is just occupied and/or contemplating the offer or does he think
I’m being a cheeky bastard and is not even bothering to reply?

pmeis

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a light/white dial watch that would be fun to wear on a wide variety of straps. As much as I love my Santos and Zenith and my other grey watches...I can't do grey every day, especially as we head towards Winter in the Northeast. My first idea/attempt was a Nomos Metro Update. I had tried one on when I was in NYC a month back. Didn't seem too obscenely huge to me at that time. Was looking for one to pop up for the right price and one did, so I went for it. Verdict? Lols, huuuge.

It actually wears okay, because even despite it's 40.5mm all dial design, the lug to lug length is basically the same as my Santos and A384. I'm a big believer in lug to lug length being generally a more important dimensional aspect over diameter of how a watch works on one's wrist, but there are certainly limits to that approach. Regardless, price was right and I can return it, so it was fun to find out first hand. The Santos is a big watch, but between the all dial design and the light vs dark dial, its amazing how much bigger the Metro wears.

A few pics for reference:

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a light/white dial watch that would be fun to wear on a wide variety of straps. As much as I love my Santos and Zenith and my other grey watches...I can't do grey every day, especially as we head towards Winter in the Northeast. My first idea/attempt was a Nomos Metro Update. I had tried one on when I was in NYC a month back. Didn't seem too obscenely huge to me at that time. Was looking for one to pop up for the right price and one did, so I went for it. Verdict? Lols, huuuge.

It actually wears okay, because even despite it's 40.5mm all dial design, the lug to lug length is basically the same as my Santos and A384. I'm a big believer in lug to lug length being generally a more important dimensional aspect over diameter of how a watch works on one's wrist, but there are certainly limits to that approach. Regardless, price was right and I can return it, so it was fun to find out first hand. The Santos is a big watch, but between the all dial design and the light vs dark dial, its amazing how much bigger the Metro wears.

A few pics for reference:

Congrats on the new addition! It's nice to have some variety if most of your watches have black or gray dials. I don't think it looks too big for you. Although, I have to admit, I'm not really Nomos guy. I tried a few on years ago, and they just don't do anything for me. The case and lugs are just too plain. However, it gives you a completely different look than other pieces you own. Congrats again and enjoy it!

Last edited:

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Quick question about chrono 24 …

Saw a somewhat rare LE watch there that I’ve been trying to track down for a while. The seller is in the Middle East.

Sent an offer about $300 lower than the asking price (4500 vs 4800) and yet to receive a reply.

Anyone who is familiar with that site (it’s my first time) - what’s the etiquette? Is it likely this seller is just occupied and/or contemplating the offer or does he think
I’m being a cheeky bastard and is not even bothering to reply?
I’d say occupied, especially if an individual seller.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.