• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Obviously Omega Seamaster 300m Pro Diver.
Also, on the subject of dive watches, sending this one to the group (although I kind of have some ideas already).

Looking for a dive watch, or a "sporty" watch with decent WR (100m), at or under $5,000 (that is not a hard cap, but I don't want to get into Rolex Sub money). Was considering a no date Sub for a while, but I think I want to fly more under the radar.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also, on the subject of dive watches, sending this one to the group (although I kind of have some ideas already).

Looking for a dive watch, or a "sporty" watch with decent WR (100m), at or under $5,000 (that is not a hard cap, but I don't want to get into Rolex Sub money). Was considering a no date Sub for a while, but I think I want to fly more under the radar.
Vintage Panerai at auction or Oris anywhere.
19806174-pj2vxxgnrerh37a727q2zk1s-Zoom.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have this in the rose gold. A pretty generous present earlier this year. It’s a beautiful watch. Great proportions. And the complications make it less dressy. But in gold it really is a dress watch. No getting away from it tbh. Steel definitely loses some of the formality and makes it more wearable.
A part of me wants to get a newer one in steel. But I fear I'll never or rarely wear the gold one again.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously Omega Seamaster 300m Pro Diver.
Can you get a Seamaster 300 for $5k? If so, that's a hard choice to pass up.

Is your wrist big enough for a Longines Legend Diver? That's a good looking watch and a damn fine value prop. Lugs are so darn long though.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After all this talk about watches, when I look at videos (mostly classical music interests) on the computer I keep seeing watch flipping video's pushed my way. I'm told it's THE way to earn a living today. :) Given some of the prices here I suppose it could be. Do we have any "professional" flippers here?

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you get a Seamaster 300 for $5k? If so, that's a hard choice to pass up.

Is your wrist big enough for a Longines Legend Diver? That's a good looking watch and a damn fine value prop. Lugs are so darn long though.

On bracelet for the blue dial. I think the black and grey dials are a little bit cheaper. The white dials are more popular and will probably cost more than $5k.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On bracelet for the blue dial. I think the black and grey dials are a little bit cheaper. The white dials are more popular and will probably cost more than $5k.
Oh yeah...that's not the one I was thinking about. I don't like those at all (no dice on the helium escape valve and skeleton hands).

I meant this:

img-SE300mc-vueC-large.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Bay or BB58?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah...that's not the one I was thinking about. I don't like those at all (no dice on the helium escape valve and skeleton hands).

I meant this:

View attachment 1648714
Those go for over $5k and that's the newest model released a few months ago. You could probably find used versions of the prior generation for under $5k but BNIB will still cost close to $6k.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My choices would be (have been):

Under 5k = BB58

Over 5k = no date sub

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, funny enough, two mentioned are the primary contenders:

42C0175D-C1E5-4D6D-AAE2-1E47D67562DB.jpeg

B56B941C-4666-4E43-918A-B5B5BC9022A1.jpeg

I love the no date sub but man, am I getting burned out on that watch. Most of my friends / acquaintances have one, want one, or know that it is $10k on the wrist, and that has soured me.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Omega recently released a new rubber strap that can fit a deployante buckle if you don't like the rubber strap with a pin buckle.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, funny enough, two mentioned are the primary contenders:

View attachment 1648727
View attachment 1648728

I love the no date sub but man, am I getting burned out on that watch. Most of my friends / acquaintances have one, want one, or know that it is $10k on the wrist, and that has soured me.
How big is your wrist? You can get an older model Panerai Sub for under $5k

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I am admittedly a serial watch flipper, dive watches have generally suffered from the quickest flips once they get in my hands. It hasn't seemed to matter if they're cheap or expensive. I did manage to keep my Hulk for about a year, but I'd guess the average dive watch lasts less than 2 months. Currently have these two. The Seiko predates the Unimatic by about a month, but I think is likely to stick around. The Unimatic does what it does well, but I don't really see myself wearing it much long term. The Seiko is cheap enough where maybe I can convince myself to keep it and stop wasting time buying dive watches.

I simply dont understand the appeal of these watches. maybe that's why they dont stay in your collection very long. how about the james cameron deep sea ?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.