• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the little kid seats affect insurance rates for 911s or other 2+2 sports cars - at least not any more, may a very long time ago they did? The main things I've heard of that affect insurance are location, type of vehicle, vehicle use(daily driver vs weekend/collectible), miles you drive per year, (low miles per year is often a discount) age, gender, marital status, driving record, claims history.
Pretty much the same here, plus the amount of claims they have on that model in your age group has an impact. My 911 is cheaper to insure than my 3 series BMW partially because of the lower mileage per year and partially because 40 somethings crash a higher percentage of 3 series than 911s.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have some insights as to the (full size) Landcruiser's failure in the UK market? I heard people didn't enjoy the truck like driving experience. They're a big hit in the Middle East and Australia, but disappeared from the US altogether. I guess if you're mostly driving on roads and near plentiful repair shops you might as well go German or Indian. But there is something special about driving something at the extreme end of an evolutionary path, to accept the compromises that come with the full experience.
It’s a good question - they aren’t all that popular here. I think if you are going to have a full size SUV in a country with narrow roads and small parking spaces, then it has to be at the luxury end of the market - either German or a Land Rover product. Full size Far Eastern SUVs of any manufacturer aren’t that popular here, but the mid size ones are very common, but mid size and s SUVs in general are more popular than full size ones here, same with saloon cars.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always liked the urban myth of red color cars having higher insurance.
I managed to get out of a ticket once because the cop said "Just because you drive a hot red car..." He'd gotten us for crossing a double yellow in Tilden Park (hills behind Berkeley). It was double yellow for MILES and we were behind bicyclers who would NOT give way. We were very careful ... and had at least 1000' of vision as they were going slowly uphill. Judge was wavering until I mentioned the hot red car comment.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lewks. I'm not a fan of the 992 body style.

Foo also says 991.2 Gt3 is peak Porsche.
gotcha. glad you agree with foo. i like the new 992 ordered the base version (yes Im poor) but then canceled due to undetermined delivered times - felt like buying an AP and they kept pushing it back.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gotcha. glad you agree with foo. i like the new 992 ordered the base version (yes Im poor) but then canceled due to undetermined delivered times - felt like buying an AP and they kept pushing it back.
Well supposedly the base 911 is the most fun to drive because you can actually work through the gears. The S, GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S are all too powerful to really work the engine on a normal street.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well supposedly the base 911 is the most fun to drive because you can actually work through the gears. The S, GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S are all too powerful to really work the engine on a normal street.
that's what I heard as well not that I really have the budget to buy anything else but base anyway. Maybe in a year or two Ill make another attempt I hope covid supply shortage has been solved by then . but the deal they offered was pretty good 1250 plus tax with my onw specs for a 3 year lease.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to A. Lange boutique tomorrow! Excited to experience on the wrist. It’s an interesting story, actually...the AD I have a good relationship with is Patek and Rolex. I mentioned to my SA that I was also interested in Lange and they mentioned how much they love the watches too - actually asked to tag along with me to the boutique...haha...so I’m going to look at Langes with my Patek/Rolex SA...

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to A. Lange boutique tomorrow! Excited to experience on the wrist. It’s an interesting story, actually...the AD I have a good relationship with is Patek and Rolex. I mentioned to my SA that I was also interested in Lange and they mentioned how much they love the watches too - actually asked to tag along with me to the boutique...haha...so I’m going to look at Langes with my Patek/Rolex SA...
They have a cool watch collection, so it’s legit interest...still funny, though!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be sure to get a proper Skittles color!
I do like them. I tease about the blue being Smuftastic ... but those colors work with that car. And that car looks terrific.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lange is probably the most interesting watchmaker in terms of composition rn those non-radial layouts are terrific

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got my eye on bmw m5 cs...fucking bonkers car...like nuts...

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.