• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wing is needed at very high speed - the racing GT3 has something very similar and any racing car is function over form.

I like that the wing on mine only comes up when it is necessary, over 70mph or so.

GT3 isn’t really a road car TBH, it’s a track car you can drive on the road. My godfather had a 996.2 GT3 and it was so much more focused than my 996.1 Carrera, too much so for normal use on U.K. roads, even the the Carrera is as firm a ride as you’d want.
Do you have some insights as to the (full size) Landcruiser's failure in the UK market? I heard people didn't enjoy the truck like driving experience. They're a big hit in the Middle East and Australia, but disappeared from the US altogether. I guess if you're mostly driving on roads and near plentiful repair shops you might as well go German or Indian. But there is something special about driving something at the extreme end of an evolutionary path, to accept the compromises that come with the full experience.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the function. Do all models of the 911 have it? If not why not? If not, is there something about the design of Foo's 911 that makes it necessary ... or a real positive? I'm truly curious about this.

I owned an 8C and didn't really feel I needed one ... then again I didn't push the limits.
it's a really a track car, you can buy a GT3 touring for example without the wing - looks more subtle and is still a beast.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's a really a track car, you can buy a GT3 touring for example without the wing - looks more subtle and is still a beast.
The 991.2 911 GT3 Touring would be the GT car I would get if I had the money.

Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For years I just assumed that was a simple cargo shelf behind the 911's front seat. Every time I was in one (as a passenger), that's what I saw. Only recently did I discover (much to my surprise) there are actual seats if the shelf is folded up. That strikes me as funny ... although possibly useful. The few performance cars I've owned did not have rear seats.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For years I just assumed that was a simple cargo shelf behind the 911's front seat. Every time I was in one (as a passenger), that's what I saw. Only recently did I discover (much to my surprise) there are actual seats if the shelf is folded up. That strikes me as funny ... although possibly useful. The few performance cars I've owned did not have rear seats.
lower insurance rates in most cases. Four seat “passenger” car vs. pure sports car. It doesn’t matter that the rear seats are too small to actually function to hold adults. They are seats nonetheless.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lower insurance rates in most cases. Four seat “passenger” car vs. pure sports car. It doesn’t matter that the rear seats are too small to actually function to hold adults. They are seats nonetheless.
I don't think the little kid seats affect insurance rates for 911s or other 2+2 sports cars - at least not any more, may a very long time ago they did? The main things I've heard of that affect insurance are location, type of vehicle, vehicle use(daily driver vs weekend/collectible), miles you drive per year, (low miles per year is often a discount) age, gender, marital status, driving record, claims history.

Reactions: RSS

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think the little kid seats affect insurance rates for 911s or other 2+2 sports cars - at least not any more, may a very long time ago they did? The main things I've heard of that affect insurance are location, type of vehicle, vehicle use(daily driver vs weekend/collectible), miles you drive per year, (low miles per year is often a discount) age, gender, marital status, driving record, claims history.
I always liked the urban myth of red color cars having higher insurance.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always liked the urban myth of red color cars having higher insurance.
Indirectly red, yellow, and orange, probably do...they tend attract the attention of the police in a sea of gray, white, and silver cars...so you may be more likely to get a ticket that will lead to a surcharge and higher insurance rates ;) :rotflmao:

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Story of my life. When I was in my early 30s my insurnace rate was 26 points. I had to re-register all my private cars to my buisness just to avoid being raped. Not a single accident all my life, but fucking Massachusetts cops collected their pound of flesh all the same.
Traffic courts was my second job :brick:.

If you want to get out of big speeding ticket I have a recipe for you.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Story of my life. When I was in my early 30s my insurnace rate was 26 points. I had to re-register all my private cars to my business just to avoid being raped. Not a single accident all my life, but fucking Massachusetts cops collected their pound of flesh all the same.
Traffic courts was my second job :brick:.

If you want to get out of big speeding ticket I have a recipe for you.

Oh that's brutal!!! I got plenty of speeding tickets in Massachusetts when I was in student living in Boston.

I also remember years ago a friend who is a lawyer was in a courthouse and he overheard a Massachusetts state trooper say, if he pulls over a Lexus, MB, or BMW (although I imagine for him it applied to any luxury or sports car) the driver is getting a speeding ticket because their car costs more than he made before overtime.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.