• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my employees had a friend that was able to buy a brand new Ferrari without prior purchase history. He had to put down like $50k deposit and wait 4 or 5 years to get an allocation. The guy was obviously rich as fuck. The car got wrecked when some kid crashed into his home garage and took out part of the car.
what a bummer. that must have sucked

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 3rd gen overseas is marginally better, but it still looks like a basic ETA chrono layout with unnecessary date window. Lazy design.
BTW, is it an angle of the last picture or bottom hourmarkes are half the length of the top ones? Why?
No it appears you are correct the markers at 1 and 11 are much longer than the ones at the bottom. I guess they chopped the ones at the bottom to fit the subdials. Not sure why they didn't just make the ones at the top shorter also to match the ones at the bottom?

1624377583076.png

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it appears you are correct the markers at 1 and 11 are much longer than the ones at the bottom. I guess they chopped the ones at the bottom to fit the subdials. Not sure why they didn't just make the ones at the top shorter also to match the ones at the bottom?

View attachment 1628810
Wow, the blue dial really elevates that watch in my eyes.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like a much better watch with colored dial (brown, green or natural copper would have been nice ). VC should have focus-grouped this watch.

Deeky

Reaction score
Looking at all the current sports watches, I feel like I will probably get a 38mm Laureato next =/ I considered paying grey market prices for the 41mm RO, but in the end it still feels like 41mm wears really big and aggressive. 39mm is absolutely the perfect size for the RO, with 37 and 41 having odd proportions but the price for the jumbo doesn't show any signs of abating for the next few years. The Overseas is also a tad large for what it is - IMO, the base 3 hander should be 39 instead of 41, given how plain the dial is.

There's also some sort of pleasant "laid-backness" to the Laureato I found surprisingly pleasing - despite the obvious comparisons to the RO, I think they genuinely wear very differently, kind of like sharp english tailoring vs italian tailoring.

1624383542601.png

Last edited:

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of dig the Czapek Antarctique.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.