• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that things are really picking up - restaurants, bars, etc - I’m spotting many more watches in my neighborhood than in previous years. Certainly a far cry from conclusive scientific evidence, but it at least appears as though folks really did get into watches this past year...?
Gotta spend those stimmy checks on something; why not watches?

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stimulus checks? Fucking peasants. What ya’ll should have done is start a “pain and rehabilitation” clinic in a strip mall that doesn’t exist but is somehow addressed in Hialeah, Florida (the ass-crack of Miami) and claim millions in PPP mula.

I mean, I’m not saying that’s how I got my COVID watches or anything, but….

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You got a funny story to share with the forum.

Meanwhile I ruined my Super-Duper Fireball XL5.

Luckily, I am tight with the manufacturer and I am already planning on my Super-Duper Fireball XL7. Only normies and plebs will get the 6.

Also, why didn't you say hi? Always like a forum meetup. Nice to be with somewhat likeminded individuals.
I'm too "Pissypalian" to buy the 7. It's just too ... too (said with a Thurston Howell III lockjaw). I like OLD wine, OLD watches, OLD money, and OLD ... opps ... not sure I can say that outside of CE or Dumb Threads ;-)

You could have been one of the 8 at that alumni meetup (although not USC, a tad further to the east northeast). I don't know many first names here (maybe three). I'd never connect the dots ... or the watches.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that things are really picking up - restaurants, bars, etc - I’m spotting many more watches in my neighborhood than in previous years. Certainly a far cry from conclusive scientific evidence, but it at least appears as though folks really did get into watches this past year...?
Lots of things are up ... way up.

A few of you know that I retired. Well, the last house I worked on was the design for a major addition to a 1931 Moorish Mediterranean on the California coast. We added a great room, five bedrooms, two courtyards, a 6 car garage, a guest house, and servants' quarters. They got a bid late in 2019 and were to start in the spring of 2020. They waited due to COVID. New bids are coming in now. On average they are up 78%. I imagine the area has a lot to do with it.

I did -- as a favor -- fly down to meet with the builders. I noticed all of them were wearing good watches. Not great, but good.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of things are up ... way up.

A few of you know that I retired. Well, the last house I worked on was the design for a major addition to a 1931 Moorish Mediterranean on the California coast. We added a great room, five bedrooms, two courtyards, a 6 car garage, a guest house, and servants' quarters.
Got to be at Pebble?

Reactions: RSS

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.