• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s one I’ve almost bought many times, but never quite could convince myself. I love the gold hands on it.

That being said, this picture is one of the most flattering pics I’ve seen of any Panerai. for whatever reason, the watch head itself looks like it’s been rendered when compared against the strap and other items in that picture.
it’s a pretty watch, but not this pretty.
I thought so, too. This pic is stunning.

Drek Galloche

Reaction score
It seems you don't actually follow vintage Cartier prices. Prices on their "Retired" CPCP collection pieces and other older classics have only been increasing!
Yes and also one off pieces are very strong. Rare, exclusive watches from Cartier fetch high prices but discussion was and is about ordinary mass produced watches from Cartier.

P.S. I do follow CPC watches at auctions and know exactly what they sell for.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr. Watchley listed a 2391 yesterday for north of $30k and it's already reserved. Even the time only tortues have gone up in price.

For a while, it seemed like there were a lot of VC Traditionelle Small Seconds floating around for $13k, now they are scarce and trade closer to retail.
Rumor on rolexfourm is that VC stopped production on the Traditionelle Small Seconds so any stock floating around in AD's or boutiques are probably at least a year old. Not too long ago there was someone on rolexforum who bought a new Traditionelle Small Seconds and it didn't have the Geneva seal. Person looked into it and turns out he bought a NOS without even realizing it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rumor on rolexfourm is that VC stopped production on the Traditionelle Small Seconds so any stock floating around in AD's or boutiques are probably at least a year old. Not too long ago there was someone on rolexforum who bought a new Traditionelle Small Seconds and it didn't have the Geneva seal. Person looked into it and turns out he bought a NOS without even realizing it.
That's too bad. I quite liked it when I tried it on (as someone who almost never wears CM).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's too bad. I quite liked it when I tried it on (as someone who almost never wears CM).
My guess is that VC wants to use the 4400 movement in the small seconds for the 1921 and have the Fifty-Six be the entry level watch.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaving for a golf trip in Hawaii on Thursday, already dressed...

4624720586322162363.jpg

While this certainly is better placed in the poor man's watch thread, I thought it might be appreciated here. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite watches despite costing a fraction of what most of the others do.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and also one off pieces are very strong. Rare, exclusive watches from Cartier fetch high prices but discussion was and is about ordinary mass produced watches from Cartier.
Well, you used the term vintage Cartier. To me you were suggesting that prices of all Cartiers are going down. In addition, mass produced or not, the dark dialed Santos (blue or ADLC) models seem to be fetching list price or more on Chrono24 because they are selling out so quickly from ADs and boutiques.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.