• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
If anyone has a Cartier CPCP Tortue Monopoussoir or time-only XL in white or yellow/rose gold, or knows of one for sale with box/papers for a fair price, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came back earlier today from the birth island of Pythagoras. 25 years ago, my first foreign trip with this watch was also to the Aegean Sea and it's still the perfect watch for this kind of thing.

zR1xR1s.jpg

Here on a pair of stingray patterned OB swim shorts, with either an Americano or a Dark 'N Stormy (I forgot which) within easy reach :satisfied:

Novelty77

Reaction score
I really like the 5712 at lot, but for me it would have to be on a bracelet. IMHO, the there is something missing when a RO or Nautilus is not on a bracelet. Still, yours is a really beautiful piece. Enjoy it.
cheers.gif

I must agree that watches that are industrial/tool inspired and usually goes hand in hand with a bracelet. But I guess the trend of going strap has to do with the precious metal used to give it a more refined look.

Love the 5712. I just sold a very rare GR (white and rose gold) with Tiffany dial. Have to agree though, my favorite would be the 1a on bracelet

Wow, am I missing a tiffany & co. stamp somewhere on the 5712 like the 5396?
I'm also too OCD to get my head around the bits of batons on the 5712.

5726 on a bracelet is the best Nautilus for me -- symmetry uber alles.

Hmm, a friend of mine is getting rid of his Hublot Black Caviar & I like it. A really cool watch with nice specifications. 41 mm, sits OK on the wrist & 100 m WR. It would be a fun casual watch among with my SubC.

Should I pull the trigger?

The mis-aligned screws still annoys me.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, those screws are bugging the hell out of me too.

But on the other hand, it is made with a colour called Caviar Black, so you just know it's both expensive, exclusive and luxurious.

Last edited:

Anm1984

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good AD's for Grand Seiko? I decided to go with the spring drive snowflake and haven't found it for other than full list so I wanted to check before just randomly calling dealers listed on their website.

pmeis

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good AD's for Grand Seiko? I decided to go with the spring drive snowflake and haven't found it for other than full list so I wanted to check before just randomly calling dealers listed on their website.
I've done a decent amount of business with Timeless Luxury out of Frisco, Texas (including where the Damasko on the last page was purchased and where I purchased a preowned GS at one point).

Anm1984

Reaction score
Yea I'm in NYC so I've been there and have no issue buying from them. I guess the question is has it been everyone's experience that you are basically going to pay full list.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Quote:
He actually works for Seiko now. Going to be working at the Miami boutique. Good dude.

Dachshund

Reaction score
A question on the 16710.

I'm in the market for one of these, and looked at two of them today at the same dealer. Both from the same year - about a decade old. One had the regular dial, the other was sticks. The bezel on the regular dialled watch clicked softly as expected when I turned it. The bezel on the sticks watch didn't seem to click at all - I could neither hear nor feel a click. It just seemed to be running on friction.

Any idea as to why this might be?

As an aside, amazing how light the 16710 feels compared to my 216570.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads