• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nickd

Reaction score
I was really referring to “finance bros” as the term is commonly used, rather than anyone who works in finance. It’s not just the fact that they dress badly but that it’s combined with obnoxious behaviour, arrogance, megalomania and often a pathological need to constantly signal their wealth.

My vote for best dressed profession would probably be architects. Not that they are all well dressed but they have the best batting average in my observed experience.
Black roll neck jumpers and a Saab. It’s definitely a look.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
motation, sure. but indeed helprin (and his entire office) get naked in iirc 'rsvp cycles' and 'taking part'

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
motation, sure. but indeed helprin (and his entire office) get naked in iirc 'rsvp cycles' and 'taking part'
Yes, but the "Larry and his entire office" argument isn't really that strong given that in that era at least 99.9% of "NoCal Bohemia" was often stark raving naked, in addition to which most of them had absolutely no use for watches as both time and clothing were considered extremely shackling concepts.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what happens at sea ranch stays at sea ranch. or doesn't.
I like it. Have you thought of pitching that idea to Tarantino? It sounds like it could be right up his alley, especially the "doesn't" aspect.

Since Charles Durning, John Candy, and Chris Farley are all dead :-( and Jonah Hill is still too young, I guess maybe John Goodman could play the naked Charles Moore, especially if only sporting that truly hideous gold monstrosity posted a few pages back?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like you I am looking for a (full?) gold watch. First I wanted a day date too, but I think I will be bored after a while. So now I am torn between these two daytonas:

View attachment 1611959View attachment 1611960

I like both equally; the sportiness of the oysterflex and ceramic bezel, but also the luxurious look of the full gold bezel and bracelet.

Help me out guys, convince me why one would be "better" than the other. You decide the context.
Not better or worse, but I would certainly go with the full gold. I’ve never understood the appeal of the oysterflex...

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty nice
1621391639000.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.