• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pasadena man

Reaction score
This thing has my attention. I REALLY want this, but REALLY shouldn’t buy it...haha! Tell me to stop! Please tell me to stop!!!

View attachment 1609293
OK, I will play. I am not sure the purchase is a bad idea.

But I will try to respond to your desperate plea for help. The watch has an unusual textured dial. Reminds me a tiny bit of Patrick Bateman's textured TT DJ Tapestry dial from American Psycho:

On the other hand, Bateman regularly shows up on lists of the best dressed characters in cinema. Bateman told himself to stop too. So there's that.

chocomallo

Reaction score
This thing has my attention. I REALLY want this, but REALLY shouldn’t buy it...haha! Tell me to stop! Please tell me to stop!!!

View attachment 1609293
I think the detractor for me is the minute markers being the same size as the hour markers. It loses the Day-Date look. It just looks like a speedometer or some other car gauge to me.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the detractor for me is the minute markers being the same size as the hour markers. It loses the Day-Date look. It just looks like a speedometer or some other car gauge to me.
Yeah, the hour markers are actually slightly larger, but they don’t appear to be. Legibility in general is a bit lacking. Ultimately I passed on the watch, but for a variety of reasons...

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Reaction score
this is why I would never buy from anyone other than an AD. discount be damned.
Imagine getting shot because someone wants to jack your fake Rolex?

The one use for a fake that I thought was somewhat legit (if you overlook where the money for a fake ends up) is if you're wealthy enough to have a decoy safe, you throw a couple grand cash, some cheap jewelry and a fake Rolex in it.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine getting shot because someone wants to jack your fake Rolex?

The one use for a fake that I thought was somewhat legit (if you overlook where the money for a fake ends up) is if you're wealthy enough to have a decoy safe, you throw a couple grand cash, some cheap jewelry and a fake Rolex in it.
And replace the fake movement with a GPS tracking chip, that way cops can easily track would-be burglars and then execute them.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone on Rolex Forums mused about doing the opposite: keeping the real Rolex in a safe and wearing a fake Rolex out and about. If it's gotten to the point where you're afraid to wear a watch, you should buy an index fund instead.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have thoughts on where you think the watch market is headed? After a year+ of a lot of recreational spending diverted to lux goods, combined with a lot of printed money and an S&P that just keeps roaring - is this the top of the watch craze, or do you think this will go on...(gmts going for 20k....daytonas for 40k...etc...)

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have thoughts on where you think the watch market is headed? After a year+ of a lot of recreational spending diverted to lux goods, combined with a lot of printed money and an S&P that just keeps roaring - is this the top of the watch craze, or do you think this will go on...(gmts going for 20k....daytonas for 40k...etc...)
People have been asking this for years. My guess is that as long as Rolex and Patek keep playing the allocation game, then nothing will change.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have been asking this for years. My guess is that as long as Rolex and Patek keep playing the allocation game, then nothing will change.
I hear you. I just looked on bob’s watches, though, and they have like, 15 Batmans for crazy prices. Seems like a surplus? Are end users buying these pieces? Will they continue to buy them (at escalating prices...)?

At some point grey market will be saturated, no?

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I just looked on bob’s watches, though, and they have like, 15 Batmans for crazy prices. Seems like a surplus? Are end users buying these pieces? Will they continue to buy them (at escalating prices...)?

At some point grey market will be saturated, no?
I have it on good authority that allocations for steel GMT'S have doubled and quadrupled and that allocations for PM Rolex's are now a quarter of what they were. If that's true, seems like the secondary market on SS could really cool off by the end of the year

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or do you think people will turn their eye toward more accessible and affordable stainless steel watches?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.