• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the first pic you posted originally. This one looks like a relic of the 70s though. Can't say I can explain why one was good and the other bad though.
This is a vintage 13038. It definitely oozes 70s-80s sleaze...But is perhaps a more “humble” watch than the rose gold that also calls to me...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you like it and can afford it ... why not? Now, you know I'm not a fan of the brand ... but I am picturing you doing this:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a vintage 13038. It definitely oozes 70s-80s sleaze...But is perhaps a more “humble” watch than the rose gold that also calls to me...
Most of the guys on this already have some nice, classic, understated white metal watches. They are great, and people here often talk about their watches flying under the radar, and going with everything for every situation. If you already have white metal watches, then go bold or go home! Add something that isn't in your collection already, some color. Sure, its not for everyone. However, if your lifestyle and your comfort level allows you to wear a gold watch on a gold bracelet then go for it.

This isn't everyone's taste, but I don't care and I love wearing it.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the guys on this already have some nice, classic, understated white metal watches. They are great, and people here often talk about their watches flying under the radar, and going with everything for every situation. If you already have white metal watches, then go bold or go home! Add something that isn't in your collection already, some color. Sure, its not for everyone. However, if your lifestyle and your comfort level allows you to wear a gold watch on a gold bracelet then go for it.

Right! I’m not thinking this will be my daily watch...quite the contrary! It would be a niche watch in my collection for sure. Still on the fence...thanks for the input!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a fucking stunner.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

ronscuba

Reaction score

I think it looks great and like you said, it is what you think that matters.

Funny how much tastes vary from person to person. The concept of variety also varies. Some guys idea of variety is the same exact shoe in 30 different colors or different models but only from one brand. I think this site and classic menswear sub forum in particular, leans conservative in shoes, clothing, watches, etc..

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.