• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I see a dude wearing a chrono, I’m not like “I wonder what he drives...?” I’m like “that mf cooks...”

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little known fact: Paul Newman wore a Daytona for perfecting his salsa, not for racing...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
9thsymph, I didn't mean to upset you. My opinion is not important enough to upset someone. None of our opinions are. Please accept my apology.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9thsymph, I didn't mean to upset you. My opinion is not important enough to upset someone. None of our opinions are. Please accept my apology.
I'm not upset...and I'm not posting AT you so much as riffing on a trope that rotates in and out with some frequency on this thread: the ostentatious rolex douche vs the classy rolex gent, or whatever...

Absolutely no apology required

Reactions: RSS

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset...and I'm not posting AT you so much as riffing on a trope that rotates in and out with some frequency on this thread: the ostentatious rolex douche vs the classy rolex gent, or whatever...

Absolutely no apology required
(both exist, of course, but there are many points across the spectrum)

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m an attorney and I’ve never represented a cook, but I’d like to. I’d do it for free meals. Fuck the Michelin star system.
LOL

Didn't he do it in the library with a candlestick ... or was it a Daytona over the head?

Last edited:

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha.

Nice.

Now do these guys:

Eisenhower
JFK
LBJ
W. Churchill
Dizzy Gillespie
MLK
14th Dalai Lama
Che Guevara
Elvis
Paul Newman
Obama
Biden
Jay-Z
Roger Federer
etc...
Enlightening list, actually: I think the change in human caliber (as it were) is noticeable once we get past the quartz era and Rolex becomes a blingy status symbol.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enlightening list, actually: I think the change in human caliber (as it were) is noticeable once we get past the quartz era and Rolex becomes a blingy status symbol.
I agree to some extent (much of that image driven by fictional depictions since around the 90s...I feel like “Die Hard” opened something up that became easy to pile on...”Glengarry...” too). My point is mainly that it’s easy, at this time, to cherry-pick or curate a list that seems to re-enforce whatever image one desires to simulate - no doubt an extension of internet culture in general, as much as anything else...?

In real life I rarely encounter any of the exaggerated stereotypes often deployed...

Last edited:

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to apologize to everyone for wearing Rolex. It’s insensitive and offensive and I’m sorry. Here’s a pic of my first ever wristwatch. I hope this redeems my image of a somewhat successful, middle aged, used car salesman manager.
DDCAFEB0-53BD-4E27-BEB1-04DC3F308269.jpeg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to apologize to everyone for wearing Rolex. It’s insensitive and offensive and I’m sorry. Here’s a pic of my first ever wristwatch. I hope this redeems my image of a somewhat successful, middle aged, used car salesman manager.
View attachment 1606802
don’t sell yourself short man! That’s what the new car sales manager wears.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying, owning and wearing a Rolex should not have to come with a years worth of appointments with an analyst. Just wear the fucking thing and enjoy it.

Funny, I never hear anyone say they don’t understand the appeal of Omega or Breguet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Red

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above