• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a perfect opportunity to drag up an old photo:

View attachment 1605801

It's usually on it's native black buffalo strap, but for a change I got this one from an AD. It's made for the Mk XV Spitfire (allegedly by Camille Fournet).
Fantastic watch!
Maybe the last truly great, iconic, ne plus ultra IWC, before they started going downhill...the Mark XV "Spitfire" version in fact being the first step in that disastrous direction.

Beautiful strap too, and good on you for having found it a proper, much more beautiful home. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like a perfect opportunity to drag up an old photo:

View attachment 1605801

It's usually on it's native black buffalo strap, but for a change I got this one from an AD. It's made for the Mk XV Spitfire (allegedly by Camille Fournet).

That is a watch one remembers. I always liked this design.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
George, you have some truly beautiful watches ... I mean some outstanding ones ... and I enjoy you showing them to us. Why the Rolex? As we'd say in this family "That's just your old Boy's Market dress!" ;-)

Maybe one of these days I'll understand the Rolex fascination.

Enjoy your time away.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
George, you have some truly beautiful watches ... I mean some outstanding ones ... and I enjoy you showing them to us. Why the Rolex? As we'd say in this family "That's just your old Boy's Market dress!" ;-)

Enjoy your time away.
Um... thanks?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the Rolex? As we'd say in this family "That's just your old Boy's Market dress!" ;-)

Rolex isn't for everyone, but few watches are, and for a multi-time zone watch, it's tough to beat. I like their GMT Master and Explorer II more than what most other brands offer for tracking multiple time zones. The old JLC Geographic was a nice watch, but the GMT is a classic and tough to beat in terms of ease of use. One can swim with it and do more physical activities with it than one would do with a Geographic.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.