• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I managed to try one on a few weeks back. I like the look of the watch since it's completely different than other SS luxury watches but you're right. The watch is just too big and the bracelet felt really chunky.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right, thanks for the reminder. When I posted the answer I should have added that the "b" stood for "balance" (between the visual size (the actual size being the same) of the 2 sub-dials).

Also, I agree with you regarding exotic skins, not only on watch straps. But sadly I have not always abided by that philosophy, although as time goes on the few exotic straps I have are now my least favorite.

On this watch, even with the two Nomos straps (not exotics, Nomos' Shell Cordovan), I returned an unused $$$ blue croco strap and really do far prefer the Eulit Kristall 99% of the time (+: year-round warm-weather climate helps ;-) in lieu of the croco) on it.

View attachment 1596278

View attachment 1596282

Wow. He (Philip, DoE) really said that? :eek2:
Been wanting a Tangente power reserve but I juust don't know how it would look on my wrist.

dan'l

Reaction score
Have any of you sent in your Rolex direct to the RSC for repair/service? If yes, how’d you send it (FedEx, UPS, etc.)?

If you contact RSC, they send you a kit to pack up the watch, but the owner is responsible for organizing the shipping, hence my question.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven`t used RSC. Sent my vintage ones to Nesbit. Sending my two modern Rolexes to Nesbit as well.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you sent in your Rolex direct to the RSC for repair/service? If yes, how’d you send it (FedEx, UPS, etc.)?

If you contact RSC, they send you a kit to pack up the watch, but the owner is responsible for organizing the shipping, hence my question.
I always make a trip to NYC to drop it off and do some shopping. I don't like shipping my watches if I don't have to. Luckily, I'm within driving distance. I know they used to says send it USPS Registered mail, overnight, but last time I was at a US post office they told someone right now they were not doing overnight shipping. Don't know if that has changed.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I sent mine to RUSA NY in 2016, it went USPS certified/registered as they recommended. Check with Roelx for a value to declare. For instance, my GMTIIC cost me ~$5K in 2008 but they valued it at $8800 in 2016. I saved this pdf with packing & mailing instructions. Rolex sent it to me prior to shipping.

rusa1.jpg
rusa2.jpg

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I noticed something that I don’t think Rolex has talked about at all: All post 2021 watches have a new form of underside AR coating. We all knew the new 41mm Subs had them, but I just noticed that my new Pepsi has it, too. Pretty cool.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always make a trip to NYC to drop it off and do some shopping. I don't like shipping my watches if I don't have to. Luckily, I'm within driving distance. I know they used to says send it USPS Registered mail, overnight, but last time I was at a US post office they told someone right now they were not doing overnight shipping. Don't know if that has changed.
I’m fortunate that we have one in Chicago but otherwise, I’m with you. I’d be a bit nervous about boxing it up and sending it USPS.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.