• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Czapek just dropped a green dial Antarctique LE similar to their Abyss.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New perp cal, new movement - but the size :(. Still, think the triple register is pretty darn cool and happy Patek has introduced a new movement. Just wish it was 38-39mm:
3DCAF51D-D3DE-450D-A3E8-26158FB0490D.jpeg

New Calatrava hobnail, new movement - pretty darn nice and my favorite of the new references (particularly G) but I wonder if sector dial and RR track is too much? I’ll reserve judgment for later, but I think this is a great contemporary take on the traditional hobnail dial, which can look very staid:

9D788BAA-4DB9-4986-8817-439A95EF45C7.jpeg

6436CA9A-985B-4AE7-8FB8-202128C2776E.jpeg

Then an AC in a Calatrava case in steel on a bracelet. This one looks off to me:

C687C53D-A2F7-4D84-A99D-404D04EBC180.jpeg

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the bracelet on that last one screams Citizen Eco-Drive to me. I'm also not a Patek expert so I have no historical reference to care about regarding the bracelet.

That 6119R makes me look twice, and then again. My favorite of the new ones.

edit: 42mm on that first one??? Sausage finger territory.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've now seen this clip pop in a few different places. I wonder if pop-culture might attempt to color sensibilities toward PP in a manner similar to its treatment of Rolex in previous decades:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why isn't there an on-line clip of the scene from Best Seller where James Woods tries to give Brian Dennehy a Patek Philippe aboard a plane? If there was, I would post it here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've now seen this clip pop in a few different places. I wonder if pop-culture might attempt to color sensibilities toward PP in a manner similar to its treatment of Rolex in previous decades:

Does it ever show what watch that was?

reidd

Reaction score
New perp cal, new movement - but the size :(. Still, think the triple register is pretty darn cool and happy Patek has introduced a new movement. Just wish it was 38-39mm:View attachment 1591658

New Calatrava hobnail, new movement - pretty darn nice and my favorite of the new references (particularly G) but I wonder if sector dial and RR track is too much? I’ll reserve judgment for later, but I think this is a great contemporary take on the traditional hobnail dial, which can look very staid:

View attachment 1591660
View attachment 1591659

Then an AC in a Calatrava case in steel on a bracelet. This one looks off to me:

View attachment 1591661
Agreed about the perpetual calendar. Love that triple register and hate the case size.

New Calatrava looks great. Glad to see them bringing the hobnail back. Good size as well at 39mm.

The new annual calendar is a bit of a head scratcher. I thought they were trying to sell LESS steel watches??

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the RG Calatrava but prefer it without the hobnail design on the bezel.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, if you dig really deep into this thread, you would find that I have always been a big fan of the Patek 5711 and AP 15202 - and those two were always my reasonable-ish grail watches. Well, I have since given up on both of them, and am aiming for something else - which is outside of the luxury SS sports watch category.

That said, I'd like to fill that gap one day, and think that the Bulgari Octo Finissimo is pretty damn amazing and a great candidate. Unique design, looks to be solid quality, horologically interesting, and all for the price of $12k retail (looks like you can get for 15-20% less). I am kind of shocked these have not become more popular, particularly given the trajectory of the luxury SS sports watch category. In my view, it really makes you question the "value proposition" of some other options out there.

View attachment 1591415
The Octo Finissimo is a great watch. I would consider adding one to my collection at some point. I love the case shape. It wears larger than it's dimensions suggest, but that is common with non-round watches. I've tried it on the titanium version and a skeleton version. My only criticism is the bracelet. I don't like how the bracelet feels, I don't love it's looks, or that it uses I believe push pins to size it. So if I bought it, I'd probably take the bracelet off. Actually I like how it looks better on a strap anyway. I think the lug design is much more interesting and is displayed better when it is on a strap. You definitely need to try it on to decide if it is the right watch for you.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%