• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Root beer GMT in full gold? I prefer it in two tone but it’s sweet either way.

vacheron overseas in full gold is attractive too.
my very next watch is a SS GMT, so as attractive as the gold options are, it’s a direction that I’m not too keen on...

the gold VC overseas are gorgeous, but I worry about the proportions on my wrist...a great option though, so yes, duly noted...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
might be _too_ much gold for my wrist

also would be redundant with the ss

what beauty though!
Did you want something with a gold bracelet or you’re cool with just a gold watch with leather band? If the latter, Vacheron just released the 1921 in white gold with a brown calfskin strap.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I was looking to buy a gold watch for a major occasion (like a 50th birthday), I would go with the Lange 1 in RG.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you want something with a gold bracelet or you’re cool with just a gold watch with leather band? If the latter, Vacheron just released the 1921 in white gold with a brown calfskin strap.
Still on the fence. I think leaning full gold (bracelet) though. Like, why the fuck not? Life is short.

It’s astonishing to me, though, how a leather strap completely defangs a gold watch. Just totally inconspicuous on a leather strap...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still on the fence. I think leaning full gold (bracelet) though. Like, why the fuck not? Life is short.

It’s astonishing to me, though, how a leather strap completely defangs a gold watch. Just totally inconspicuous on a leather strap...
Gold Nautilus is out of the question unless you’re a true big timer. I can only think of 4 other brands right now.

1.Omega- Aquaterra or Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th moonshine gold
2. AP ROC rose gold. These are somewhat obtainable unlike the gold 15202 and 15500
3. Rolex- pick your choice
4. VC Overseas- pick one of the gold options

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gold Nautilus is out of the question unless you’re a true big timer. I can only think of 4 other brands right now.

1.Omega- Aquaterra or Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th moonshine gold
2. AP ROC rose gold. These are somewhat obtainable unlike the gold 15202 and 15500
3. Rolex- pick your choice
4. VC Overseas- pick one of the gold options
You might recall that Omega AT rose gold is on my list. Yes to anything Rolex, as mentioned, and then things get less likely (no AP, no Nautilus, but VC Overseas...maybe...?)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do any of you with gold watches wear them with any regularity? My 50th is also coming up in a few years. It would be nice to get a gold watch, but I know that such a watch is incompatible with my lifestyle. I would rather get something like the Czapek Antarctique that I would wear regularly.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you with gold watches wear them with any regularity? My 50th is also coming up in a few years. It would be nice to get a gold watch, but I know that such a watch is incompatible with my lifestyle. I would rather get something like the Czapek Antarctique that I would wear regularly.
(I wear a vintage gold piece on a leather strap very frequently...totally blends in...)

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my gold DD40 every single day when I owned it. These things aren’t meant to be babied. Having said that, it stood out like a mother fucker.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy