• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the white 114200. Wanted the 36 but my dealer only had this 34 at the time due to rolex being closed due to the environment.
I think you were fortunate they didn't have the OP36. I much prefer the OP34 and that's a great watch. I like the 3, 6 and 9 markers being slightly larger than the other markers. I wish I had this watch myself. I do have the olive dial though which I love.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics of yours? Man I love those and the grape dial. Yeah, I agree, I had an Air King 5500 before this and the 34 is so nice to wear.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did Basel World die off completely and is this where Patek, Rolex, Swatch Group, et al. choose to release new models?
Pretty much. BW fucked themselves over after they refused to give back deposits to watch companies. Not a big deal for Rolex but a lot of the small independents needed the money. Rolex said this isn't right and BW's response was basically "we have a contract and fuck off."

Rolex said fine and fucked off basically killing BW.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. BW fucked themselves over after they refused to give back deposits to watch companies. Not a big deal for Rolex but a lot of the small independents needed the money. Rolex said this isn't right and BW's response was basically "we have a contract and fuck off."

Rolex said fine and fucked off basically killing BW.
Wow! Baselworld was always a bucket list trip for me. I remember when Swatch Group pulled out a few years back but figured the show would adapt and work with the manufacturers that elected to stay. Apparently not.

A guy in my town who I'd cross paths with at school events over the years worked for the Robb Report magazine managing the advertising for watches and jewelry. I always envied that he got to participate in that event every year.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow! Baselworld was always a bucket list trip for me. I remember when Swatch Group pulled out a few years back but figured the show would adapt and work with the manufacturers that elected to stay. Apparently not.

A guy in my town who I'd cross paths with at school events over the years worked for the Robb Report magazine managing the advertising for watches and jewelry. I always envied that he got to participate in that event every year.
Another problem is all of the local places jack up all of the prices on everything during the week. Like normally a sandwich that costs $5 will cost $25. All of the locals will just tell you tough shit pay the price or don't eat.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another problem is all of the local places jack up all of the prices on everything during the week. Like normally a sandwich that costs $5 will cost $25. All of the locals will just tell you tough shit pay the price or don't eat.
A trip to BW can be a great catalyst to dieting and weight loss :)

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like normally a sandwich that costs $5 will cost $25.
I’m sure it’s because there were many people there who were covering it or were representatives from the industry who were on expense accounts.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, gouging is a shitty practice regardless of the context :(
I completely agree. Unfortunately it happens.

I always hate it when businesses and host cities have such contempt for their Patrons and visitors.

an draoi

Reaction score
If you've ever been to Switzerland you'll know that there's never been such a thing as a $5 sandwich.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy