• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But if you had knocked off your bezel and lost it, you would probably be able to buy a new replacement, no?

Unrelated question: I've never tried it with my Sub, but isn't popping off your bezel a fairly simple procedure?
Yes, if your watch lost a part like the bezel they would sell you a new one. However, one would have to bring/send the watch to Rolex to get the new part. At least in the US, they won't just take your word for it and send you the part via a telephone or online purchase.

Supposedly, it is easy to remove the bezel on the 5 digit and earlier Sub/GMT models. I've never tried it on mine, so I can't comment on how easy it really is to do.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Documents the of the upgraded Speedmaster was leaked (supposedly) and was posted on the Omegaforums.

Omega made the watch about 1mm thinner with the new movement.
I love the Speedy. In fact, I'm wearing one right now. I guess its cool that its thinner and has an applied logo, but can someone give me the cliffs notes version of why its $1,600 more than the current one on my wrist?

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606873544781.png

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe some watch or ex watch peeps can give their opinion on this. I'm reaching a big life goal early next year and wanted to get something to remind myself of the last year or so of my life. A Casio F-91w has been my daily driver for a watch and sometimes I feel like it looks a bit out of place in my more casual menswear fits. I was thinking of getting a 1950s Omega, I wear a lot of vintage clothing and that watch / date just sort of feels right with my getup. It's a big purchase, but a local watch store here sells maintained ones and can service them... On the fence a bit. How much will a service on the watch cost in the 4-6 years later when it's needed?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the Speedy. In fact, I'm wearing one right now. I guess its cool that its thinner and has an applied logo, but can someone give me the cliffs notes version of why its $1,600 more than the current one on my wrist?
New METAS certified movement, dot over 90, step dial, new bracelet.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From memory, it had a big jump in price a few years ago, too, when Omega changed from the 3570.00 model number to a newer model number. I don't think that the watch itself actually changed in any appreciable way, but you got a nicer, wooden box and a loupe so you could examine your watch closely.

Frankly, I didn't think that was worth the price rise, but obviously the market disagreed because prices have just continued to rise...

FPB

Reaction score
Maybe some watch or ex watch peeps can give their opinion on this. I'm reaching a big life goal early next year and wanted to get something to remind myself of the last year or so of my life. A Casio F-91w has been my daily driver for a watch and sometimes I feel like it looks a bit out of place in my more casual menswear fits. I was thinking of getting a 1950s Omega, I wear a lot of vintage clothing and that watch / date just sort of feels right with my getup. It's a big purchase, but a local watch store here sells maintained ones and can service them... On the fence a bit. How much will a service on the watch cost in the 4-6 years later when it's needed?
If it's from the 1950s it's probably going to need service sooner than 4-6 years. But just ask your shop how much the service costs. Remember that if you want the accuracy of your Casio, you're not going to get that from the Omega, so it might not be the best choice from a daily watch point of view. As an occasional/special occasion watch, it's perfect.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those 50's/60s Omega seamasters are some of the most faked watches out there...be sure you're getting the genuine article. I have in my watch case an otherwise nice 50s Seamaster that is a terrible redial.

Joe Schmoe

Reaction score
I knocked the bezel off my Sub and the service center in Beverly Hills sold me a new one. I don't remember the exact price of the bezel, I got the watch serviced at the same time, but I have a hazy recollection that a replacement bezel was somewhere between $50 and $200.

A couple of years later I was cleaning out my wife's car to get it ready to be donated. I found the original bezel wedged in between the seat and the center console. I probably still have the extra bezel in a drawer somewhere.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming!
I‘ve decided to stick with five watches which all play a pretty discreet role that can best be defined by purpose. If something comes in, something must move out. What I currently have:
1. Travel watch which I wear on a NATO.
5712BDD2-559B-4A1E-B156-9500303E529D.jpeg
2. Watch that I wear with jeans or shorts worn on a SS band.
37D7B53C-B7B6-4A05-B5F5-09FF10A4D4A7.jpeg
3. Watch that I’ll wear with odd jackets or tweed suits which will be on a leather strap. (Slot not yet filled)
4. Watch worn with business suits which is on a matte alligator strap.
5D37AEAE-D847-4D87-AFF0-BC7EAF3345B1.jpeg
5. Watch to be worn socially at evening events on a shiny alligator strap (not my car).
91B8D175-1704-41DD-B1D8-8DE718F2CE45.jpeg
The newbie to the group should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming!
I‘ve decided to stick with five watches which all play a pretty discreet role that can best be defined by purpose. If something comes in, something must move out. What I currently have:
1. Travel watch which I wear on a NATO.
View attachment 1509911
2. Watch that I wear with jeans or shorts worn on a SS band.
View attachment 1509912
3. Watch that I’ll wear with odd jackets or tweed suits which will be on a leather strap. (Slot not yet filled)
4. Watch worn with business suits which is on a matte alligator strap.
View attachment 1509917
5. Watch to be worn socially at evening events on a shiny alligator strap (not my car).
View attachment 1509918
The newbie to the group should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.
Nice collection, and seems well thought out, although that Patek chronograph seems rather large to wear with a suit, no? I also have one of those Luminox watches on an army green NATO strap that I wear doing yard work and other outdoor stuff. Certainly not "SF approved", but it's good for that purpose.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.