• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

chrfi

Reaction score
Thanks. I do like the escrow system. How much diligence is reasonable for the buyer, and how much is approaching overkill? I guess I'm wondering how much diligence Chrono24 does before allowing a listing.
I would feel confident if the dealer actually has a shop, proper website for the shop etc. If it's just an address in a residential area I would be wary.

pmeis

Reaction score
Had a situation on Chrono24 where I bought a preowned watch from a dealer in Germany. He was having issues on figuring out how to properly ship it, but the price was good, so I was willing to be patient. After three weeks and a variety of excuses (potentially legitimate), the same model appeared on ebay in the US for about the same price and had decided that I had given the dude enough time to get his shit together, so I politely requested through Chrono24 to void the transaction. I promptly received a refund from the escrow account.

So kind of a hassle, but at the same time feels like the system worked as it should have.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fine middle ground (for most watch brands at least) is buying grey market. I bought my omega from a grey market dealer for less than 70% of MSRP, and only slightly more than what the used market was for the same watch at that time.
It depends on the watch of course. Look at what the gray market is asking for those sought after SS sport watches from Rolex, AP and PP.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would feel confident if the dealer actually has a shop, proper website for the shop etc. If it's just an address in a residential area I would be wary.
yup that was one of the due diligence I did to find out if it was an actual jewelry store in Italy (google and google translate...)

now if you want to deal with private seller then I have no idea what's the proper way to DD

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found an FP Journe Chronometre Resonance that’s going on sale at a trusted dealer in the perfect configuration: yellow dial, 38mm, brass movement... $350,000. :oops:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found an FP Journe Chronometre Resonance that’s going on sale at a trusted dealer in the perfect configuration: yellow dial, 38mm, brass movement... $350,000. :oops:
Govberg Jewelers did a great job cornering the market on FP Journe and then hyping them up endlessly with Tim Mosso on Youtube.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that the guy who says “It just slides under a shirt cuff” in every single video? Where else is it supposed to go, Tim?
"Slides easily under a dress shirt" or something like that if it's a thin watch. If it's a thick watch "slides easily under a jacket cuff".

If you go to youtube and search just about any popular watch reference, his videos will pop up as either Govberg or Watchbox (a subsidiary of Govberg).

dan'l

Reaction score
^ That‘s your 2nd, right? Didn‘t the other one have diamonds on the dial?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the bark finish on the bracelet? I’ve never handled it in real life but I’m not the biggest fan in pics......would be curious to hear your thoughts :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.