• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to buy some vintage Piaget but without having to do the homework..., is there a dealer for old Piaget that I'll get sucker punched for like $200~$300 (for something ~$1 to $2k?) but I can just trust and buy?
I really like some of the old Piagets. However, I've never seen anything in a reasonably modern size that was anywhere near $2,000...most of the ones under $4-5K are about 32mm or they are ladies watches. I could kick myself for not buying an Altiplano about 10 years ago from an AD losing its franchise. I think it was 36 mm, it was brand new, with a full warranty. It was 50% off so it would have been $5K. I decided to think about it overnight since it was almost dinner time and we had reservations. The next morning it was already sold. I didn't really like the WG as much. Oh well, the one that got away.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should have gotten that Piaget QP from me a few years back! I ended up selling that on the 'dink for more than I had been asking here
oh I remember that one, but I had just bought a brand new JLC then, didn't want to get killed by my wife...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How careful do you have to be with the more established online sellers like Chrono24, Crown and Caliber, etc.? I've been starting to look at a Cartier Tank for my wife as an anniversary or birthday gift and have been browsing Chrono24 to get an idea of the market. I'm only considering new in box with papers for this, but I'm also seeing some Santos pieces I really like for myself, which I would be willing to buy pre-owned.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my grey market JLC through Chrno24 with paper, but that wasn’t an “established” seller (and actually I think that account is gone now), though I did do some due diligence in terms of finding the guy find the jewelry store etc and request quite a lot pictures etc

chrfi

Reaction score
How careful do you have to be with the more established online sellers like Chrono24, Crown and Caliber, etc.? I've been starting to look at a Cartier Tank for my wife as an anniversary or birthday gift and have been browsing Chrono24 to get an idea of the market. I'm only considering new in box with papers for this, but I'm also seeing some Santos pieces I really like for myself, which I would be willing to buy pre-owned.
Chrono24 is not a seller, it's a platform for sellers so do your diligence and check the actual seller carefully. I have used Chrono24 many times, and I think their payment system with the escrow account offers good protection for the buyer.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrono24 is not a seller, it's a platform for sellers so do your diligence and check the actual seller carefully. I have used Chrono24 many times, and I think their payment system with the escrow account offers good protection for the buyer.
@NakedYoga this is good advice. I've purchased a couple of things from Chrono24 sellers using the escrow system. It works well, in my opinion.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NakedYoga this is good advice. I've purchased a couple of things from Chrono24 sellers using the escrow system. It works well, in my opinion.
Thanks. I do like the escrow system. How much diligence is reasonable for the buyer, and how much is approaching overkill? I guess I'm wondering how much diligence Chrono24 does before allowing a listing.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. I do like the escrow system. How much diligence is reasonable for the buyer, and how much is approaching overkill? I guess I'm wondering how much diligence Chrono24 does before allowing a listing.
My recent Zenith acquisition was via chrono24 with escrow and worked out well. You get 14 days from receipt before you have to release funds.

In my case, the watch arrived as described and expected, however it stopped on me while fully wound once so I upped my schedule to take it to a good local shop. They had the same thing happen to them while it was in their care but believed it just needed a good cleaning/service (the seller wasn't sure of his most recent one). I was able to renegotiate with the seller during those 14days about 60% the cost of a servicing estimated at about $900 - they notified Chrono who refunded me the agreed amount and I released the rest of the funds.

I'd already planned on getting into the world expensive servicing, but just hadn't expected it on day 1. Al in all. I was very happy with how the whole process worked out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.