• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd request, but if anyone here in the US goes into their Rolex AD and notices an 114300 Oyster Perpetual 39mm with red grape dial still around please PM me their location.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you purchased a SS sports Rolex from an AD since Coronavirus started? If so, did you have a pre-existing relationship with the AD? Just trying to gauge what effect, if any, Coronavirus has had on the market.
Relationships help.
IMHO some of the AD's started emptying their vaults by late April, as i had multiple calls.
I jumped on a GMT (BLRO) in May and received the call for the new SUB last week (9 weeks from ask).
I have visited random AD's in the previous few months and have seen a Rootbeer, plenty of Yachtmaster 40's and SD's in their cases.
If some of these guys have been unable to re-negotiate their Leases, they must be scrambling for cash - which must put the waitlist BS out the window....

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only relationship I have is with the Houston Omega Boutique. I've bought a bunch of accessories from them the past 3 years but no watches recently. They said I'm near the front of the list for the Snoopy 50 but I'm sure that's just sales talk. At least they're friendly to talk to and not snobbish when I walk into the store unlike the Rolex Boutique.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were you expecting? What could they have done differently?

It's easy to say you are not happy but a little explanation would help people understand exactly why.......
to start with, they could have just been upfront with me instead of telling me to wait, go back and fiddle about. Telling me they didn’t have one, then they didn’t have the one I wanted and otherwise just making it an awkward experience.

Sure, I got what I wanted but should that be celebrated? They are in the business of selling things. They had something I wanted and it should have been simple.

It was 5 years ago and I’m over it. I suppose you just had to be there to experience it. I honestly just went in thinking it would be as simple as that.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to start with, they could have just been upfront with me instead of telling me to wait, go back and fiddle about. Telling me they didn’t have one, then they didn’t have the one I wanted and otherwise just making it an awkward experience.

Sure, I got what I wanted but should that be celebrated? They are in the business of selling things. They had something I wanted and it should have been simple.

It was 5 years ago and I’m over it. I suppose you just had to be there to experience it. I honestly just went in thinking it would be as simple as that.
I empathize. It's a stupid charade and game they play just so you can buy something

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I empathize. It's a stupid charade and game they play just so you can buy something
and that’s exactly the feeling I got. Again, I went into it without a clear understanding of this game and was subjected to it. That was my grievance.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the info...........I see it more like a 1st world problem though.

I hope you are enjoying the watch which is all that matters.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info...........I see it more like a 1st world problem though.

I hope you are enjoying the watch which is all that matters.
it is most certainly a 1st world problem. Then again, I live in the first world and lead a somewhat cushy life.

and yes, I am enjoying the watch.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have any of you purchased a SS sports Rolex from an AD since Coronavirus started? If so, did you have a pre-existing relationship with the AD? Just trying to gauge what effect, if any, Coronavirus has had on the market.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm looking for a white-dial Daytona, which I'm guessing is scarcer than hen's teeth. :(
I went to my local Rolex AD this morning and got the answer I expected: "Everybody's chasing the same watches. We get two or three. Those watches go to existing clients. I recommend starting a relationship with an authorized dealer, either us or somebody else. If you don't, you might get the watch in ten years." :fu:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to my local Rolex AD this morning and got the answer I expected: "Everybody's chasing the same watches. We get two or three. Those watches go to existing clients. I recommend starting a relationship with an authorized dealer, either us or somebody else. If you don't, you might get the watch in ten years." :fu:
Haha it seems that people like you and me are actively attempting to follow that exact advice and “start a relationship with an authorized dealer” but for some reason beyond our control we are being confounded in our efforts!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha it seems that people like you and me are actively attempting to follow that exact advice and “start a relationship with an authorized dealer” but for some reason beyond our control we are being confounded in our efforts!
"Start a relationship" means buy something other than what you really want. No way am I buying a Datejust just so I can move up the waiting list to buy a Daytona.

mak1277

Reaction score
"Start a relationship" means buy something other than what you really want. No way am I buying a Datejust just so I can move up the waiting list to buy a Daytona.
I still don’t understand why this surprises people. If you owned a jewelry store would you do anything different? Your job would be to sell as much as possible, which means using carrots like a Daytona to influence people to buy more .

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why this surprises people. If you owned a jewelry store would you do anything different? Your job would be to sell as much as possible, which means using carrots like a Daytona to influence people to buy more .
I have zero problem with this happening from the retailer perspective. The enforced scarcity that Rolex has engineered has put me off the brand though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's