• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of these watches will end up on someone's wrist and how many will end up in a safe. Given the skyrocketing prices of the non-limited blue version, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the buyers are buying for investment purposes.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: F.P. Journe is the fat chick of watches. Beautiful, but only on the inside.
Absolutely spot on ! :fistbump:

A friend has 2 FPJourne's and the movements are beautiful, but their "Great personalities" don't do anything for me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So is Rolex the hot girl with the boring personality who everyone likes? :hide:

chocomallo

Reaction score
White gold on an Aquanaut seems a bit incongruous to me especially with a non-traditional dial color. But I agree that it looks great.
I don’t mind the white gold. But the current Aquanaut is lame in my opinion, including this rendition. The 5065 was a really fun watch. I personally think it was a better design than the Nautilus. Especially in yellow gold. But all the wonderful details of that watch disappeared in the 5167 and this larger version. The dial is so boring now and cheap looking. And the bigger sizes loses all of the elegance of the original.

chocomallo

Reaction score
I like the movement. It’s the same as in my 33mm Calatrava. The case shape really hides well how small that movement is for such a large case. On any other watch the small movement would get a lot of hate I think. But Patek is the master of fitting small movements in big watches.

Scuppers

Reaction score
I like the movement. It’s the same as in my 33mm Calatrava. The case shape really hides well how small that movement is for such a large case. On any other watch the small movement would get a lot of hate I think. But Patek is the master of fitting small movements in big watches.
They are not!
and its the exactly the same movement in my 5085.AD668606-C9DD-474D-82BF-A88B62349BC0.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind the white gold. But the current Aquanaut is lame in my opinion, including this rendition. The 5065 was a really fun watch. I personally think it was a better design than the Nautilus. Especially in yellow gold. But all the wonderful details of that watch disappeared in the 5167 and this larger version. The dial is so boring now and cheap looking. And the bigger sizes loses all of the elegance of the original.
I agree with all of the above about Aquanauts, except for it being a better design than the Nautilus. I still prefer the 3700, 5711, and 5712/1A to all versions of the Aquanaut.

The 5712 is the only current Patek, I like that uses an old, smaller movement in a big case. I remember when that movement was used in the 35 mm Patek 5015 and 5054. It works surprisingly well in the 5712 due to its case shape, dial size, and bezel. Patek may be the master of fitting small movements in big watches, but it generally pisses me off when I see that in their other watches.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's