• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dan'l

Reaction score
Speaking of green, it seems that FPJ introduced their own version of the Hulk, albeit as a limited "Dubai Edition" of 99 pieces:

I'm a big fan of the the Chronometre Blue, but the green dial really looks flat:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of green, it seems that FPJ introduced their own version of the Hulk, albeit as a limited "Dubai Edition" of 99 pieces:

I'm a big fan of the the Chronometre Blue, but the green dial really looks flat:

Not digging that color. Since buyers of watches like to give them silly nicknames what will this be...the "Pea Soup" the "Catepillar" or the "About to Puke Emoji?"

1600891471144.png

1600891502044.png

1600891534975.png

dan'l

Reaction score
Don't hold back Dino, tell us how you really feel. :)

I think Francois-Paul could have done a lot better. The dial seems to have the same shade as those Mr. Yuck stickers:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't hold back Dino, tell us how you really feel. :)

I think Francois-Paul could have done a lot better. The dial seems to have the same shade as those Mr. Yuck stickers:

I really like the color green. I have a "Kermit" Rolex. I loved the dial on the old Rolex "Hulk" although I never thought the bezel was a good match for it. This one is just the wrong shade of green. Still, there are people who hear the words Limited Edition and they will buy it no matter what it looks like.

pmeis

Reaction score
I think the Dial on that Journe is an interesting choice, but fine enough. The that matching strap on the other hand is pretty horrendous. It desperately needs something more contrasting.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's a fugly watch, period.

But everyone will justify it somehow..........to each their own.

rodgers12

Reaction score
I haven't seen a new one, but I was under the impression the green bezel is the same color that was used on the previous "Hulk" and the black is the same that was used on the classic Submariner and Submariner Date. I don't know anything about the blue bezel on the white gold model.
Sorry for the confusion - I should have clarified that this opinion is only reflective of the blue bezel on the white gold model (just assumed the same for the other variants). Haven't seen the green bezel in person, but I much prefer the bezel on the Bluesy.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really don't like this. Novelty colors work for more disposable things like bow ties but not for high-end watches. There is a balance between classic and striking and this goes way too far in one direction.

Compare that to the older Journe Octa Reserve de Marche, with yellow dial. That is an amazing watch that does color tastefully. Almost certainly my favorite Journe watch.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the green Teletubie took a dump...

mak1277

Reaction score
I really don't like this. Novelty colors work for more disposable things like bow ties but not for high-end watches. There is a balance between classic and striking and this goes way too far in one direction.

Compare that to the older Journe Octa Reserve de Marche, with yellow dial. That is an amazing watch that does color tastefully. Almost certainly my favorite Journe watch.
For the person who's buying a limited edition FPJ I think that watches are probably fairly analogous to bow ties. It's not going to be someone's only watch, that's for sure. I don't love the green, but I don't hate it. I'd buy that green one before this yellow one, personally.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not loving the yellow dial either. They make great movements, but with the exception of the Chronometer Bleu their dial colors don't do much for me.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the person who's buying a limited edition FPJ I think that watches are probably fairly analogous to bow ties. It's not going to be someone's only watch, that's for sure. I don't love the green, but I don't hate it. I'd buy that green one before this yellow one, personally.
Not loving the yellow dial either. They make great movements, but with the exception of the Chronometer Bleu their dial colors don't do much for me.
I'm usually very sedate in my tastes, this is one of the few times I'm not. You'd think that would work in my favor here, and that there wouldn't be much demand for this Journe compared to his others, as it's admittedly a bit out there... but nope, the price has only gone up (and up) for it, while it's become harder and harder to find. :brick: I don't know why but the grey dial version doesn't grab me quite as much (and is similarly expensive and hard to find.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's