• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't insure my watches but it's only a 3 watch collection with 2 Omegas that aren't too expense to replace and a RO which would be a lot more expensive to replace. I'd be pretty bummed if someone stole my RO (or any of my watches) but I wouldn't be in a financial hole.

If I owned some high complication 6 figure Lange, Patek, or Journe, I'd definitely get that insured.

Phoenician

Reaction score
The former, it’s based on their main plate arrangement carried over from their perp calendars. The Panodate at 4 o’clock position has been a mainstay of theirs for 25+ years

dan'l

Reaction score
@Phoenician, I like what you‘ve shared of your collection so far! I have considered both watches in the past. I really like the GO, especially the Großdatum, but never pulled the trigger. For some reason I couldn‘t get past the clear case back, believing that pilot watches should have a solid one and be anti-magnetic. But every now and then I consider getting one anyways.

I also like micro-rotor on the Chopard. I wish the watches using that movement didn‘t come with a date, though. I find it way too small and distracts from the dial. But still a wonderful watch you have.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sad. Ralph Lauren actually made some nice watches, a few of which have been pictured in this thread. I guess those watches were the equivalent of Purple Label, while these watches are the polo shirts that are made specifically for the RL outlets. (On an unrelated note, I've read that the outlets are the most profitable part of RL.)

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad. Ralph Lauren actually made some nice watches, a few of which have been pictured in this thread. I guess those watches were the equivalent of Purple Label, while these watches are the polo shirts that are made specifically for the RL outlets. (On an unrelated note, I've read that the outlets are the most profitable part of RL.)
This^.

RL has made some legit watches in the past, and Ralph himself is supposedly an avid collector. These are obviously dog shit, but there have been some winners.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really sad to see him selling garbage so far down market, after offering some really nice, tasteful watches with high quality movements.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, I believe they used a JLC movement.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.