• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
^^^This^^^

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Seamaster LE's don't sell that well like the James Bond models.

The Speedmaster LE's sell much better. The ST1, ST2, Apollo 11 50A, Silver Snoopy, CK2998 Blue, CK2998 Panda are all selling at MSRP or higher for used models. The Silver Snoopy has $50k asking price on Chrono 24 currently.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOICE.
297FDCC8-1043-448F-BEBF-AFB9EFE145DA.jpeg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 so do we get to see the engravings? Understood if it's too personal :colgate:

+1 congrats on the pickups.
Thanks! The engraving is personal, but it did turn out very well. I was especially pleased with the small watch. There's not a lot of real estate on the reverse side, but the engraver did a good job, nevertheless.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The engraving is personal, but it did turn out very well. I was especially pleased with the small watch. There's not a lot of real estate on the reverse side, but the engraver did a good job, nevertheless.

Just curious did JLC do the engraving for you, did the dealer, or someone else? I know JC Randall used to do engraving for JLC, but if I'm not mistaken he retired a few years ago.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious did JLC do the engraving for you, did the dealer, or someone else? I know JC Randall used to do engraving for JLC, but if I'm not mistaken he retired a few years ago.
No, the engraving was done by a person who does most or all of the engraving (not just watches) for most of the high-end jewelers in San Francisco and the peninsula. I spoke to him a couple of times during the process as he had some questions to make sure he understood what I wanted.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Paul Pluto video playing. Got mad and yelled at his comparison between a panda and a 5711. It was ducking stupid. In the middle of it my 2yo jumps up, throws her hands over my mouth and says, “SHUT UP!”
I told her to find me a 5711 for daytona money and she put her necklace across my face, laughed, looked me I the eye and said “you look funny!”

SO CREEPY

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My small collection of smaller watches. All smallish but all charming to me. And when worn none wear small in my opinion. I actually bought the GP from a forum member in 2010 I think after seeing him post in the part 1 of this thread.

Attachments

• 22B1E9B9-D0D2-4531-987F-866BAECAAB9B.jpeg
    22B1E9B9-D0D2-4531-987F-866BAECAAB9B.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 56

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My small collection of smaller watches. All smallish but all charming to me. And when worn none wear small in my opinion. I actually bought the GP from a forum member in 2010 I think after seeing him post in the part 1 of this thread.

Love that Cartier and Patek. What size is the Cartier? Got a wrist shot?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Tortue, although not the XL size, is still a rather sizable watch. Not something I would call small. In addition, non round watches always wear larger than their dimensions suggest.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You suck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads