• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
I know, dude. I know.
I’m gonna crack that 6:00 barrier even if it kills me. And since I’m 52, it very well might kill me.
Haha. Joke’s on you. I could do that through my 20s, for about 5 years. Now, at 45 and busted knees - my daughters laugh when we do lunges together and my knees crack even with no weight on - there is no way I could crack 6:00, even if I were still running. Maybe if I was being chased by an actual lion.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. Joke’s on you. I could do that through my 20s, for about 5 years. Now, at 45 and busted knees - my daughters laugh when we do lunges together and my knees crack even with no weight on - there is no way I could crack 6:00, even if I were still running. Maybe if I was being chased by an actual lion.
I‘ve always played sports but was never a runner (track, cross-country, etc). But since my CF box has been closed due to Covid, I thought this would be a good opportunity to set some running benchmarks. My endurance is pretty good (I think) but after reviewing the tape, I think I may be able to drop those last 13 seconds with better technique. Probably going to go to my local running shoe store and see if I can hire a coach. But if I hit that 6:00 mark, I’ll move on to something else.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I liked this watch until I learned the retail price. It should be competing with the GP Laureato and Chopard Alpine Eagle, not the holy trinity luxury SS sports watches.

The full retail price or the best price out here?

WSW

Reaction score
I liked this watch until I learned the retail price. It should be competing with the GP Laureato and Chopard Alpine Eagle, not the holy trinity luxury SS sports watches.

Movement looks interesting, but the design is meh.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 out of 5 of the letters in Patek*, with the same dial positioning and colour scheme as the Nautilus, and the bracelet a hybrid between the Nautilus and AP RO bracelets (superimpose one on the other kind of thing). The hands are quite Nautilus-y. Minute and hour hand are closer to AP RO.

Well, don't change a winning formula, and all that.

* I'm aware of the history of the name and link between the two Patek founders, but this brand was "revived" in 2011 by a "marketing consultant" making the decision rather purposeful.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.