• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
GO makes very good quality products and I've tried a few on in person. Yet their designs don't do enough for me to make me want to own one. For the right price maybe it could be a good addition to your collection.
I tend to agree with this. They are technically excellent watches but with the exception of the Pano series, they’re not really that interesting. At least those models within my affordability zone.

SonnyUte

Reaction score
Think you should omit any mention of the drop and tell them it unexpectedly ceased ticking on the nightstand. Be indignant about it. Also, no offense, I really hate that date window.
Don’t lie; it’ll antagonize the manufacturer, since they know shock damage when they see it. The balance staff may be bent.
Why not just let them complete what will not likely be a terribly expensive repair and be happy you did the right thing?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
My standard recommendation: dark brown croc. It classes up anything. (Not that your Lange needs any classing up). Actually for this one, with all of the white showing on the date discs, maybe try contrast stitching.

However, it's your baby ... and if you want to try some rubber, for the price of a strap-- why not give it a whirl?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No to rubber on any watch with less than 100 meter water resistance.

d4nimal

Reaction score
Actually, if you can jury rig a steel bracelet onto it it will suddenly become a sports watch.

:nest:

In all seriousness, if you don't mind potentially ending up w/ something "really horrid" (my guess), it's your watch and you should enjoy it how you like it.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it detracts from the watch. It’s more like wearing a beautiful suit with rubber boots..

You could get a great custom strap for your watch in a variety of materials and colors...skip rubber.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thick black rubber with square punched holes and a brushed finish Panerai style square-ish buckle, if you want to match the dial. Rubber like plastic has a reputation as a modern material but vulcanization dates from 1844 and rubber is definitely more of an Industrial Revolution material that befits the neo-Decadent fin de siecle steampunk of ALS.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowflake.jpeg

New strap for the snowflake.

The snowflake is pretty versatile when it comes to straps. Any spring drive fans here or haters?

Strap from Aussie maker: www.artisanstraps.com.au

Thinking of alternating between another strap too... thoguhts on Burgundy vs Olive?

bordeuax.JPG
olive.JPG

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.