• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even in 2016 I was offered stainless steel no date sub with 5% discount from an AD without asking...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Piper Heidsieck Rare has to be one of my favorite champagnes :inlove:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hodinkee had it's piece about the Rolex manufacturing facilities re-posted today. I'd already browsed it in the past, but never gave it the full read. While not all of it news, it was still very interesting. On particular thing stood out for me:

"Rolex's ceramics department is also industry-leading, and while we only really see it used on bezels so far, the team is enthusiastic about its possibilities."

Of course there are other watchmakers using ceramic out there already, like Omega who from what I can tell do a good job. And I'm not sure I can see Rolex going down that ceramic case road. Still I would imagine it's a nice card to hold as I'm sure ceramic case offerings from Rolex would be quite popular even I couldn't see myself getting one.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tim Mosso agreed with my speculation that the economic downturn is likely to affect significantly the $3K to $15K range of watches, but not the range above that.

<Rubs hands in anticipation of a Rolex Daytona available at MSRP.>

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tim Mosso agreed with my speculation that the economic downturn is likely to affect significantly the $3K to $15K range of watches, but not the range above that.

<Rubs hands in anticipation of a Rolex Daytona available at MSRP.>
Ah- so middle class folks, generally, will be affected the most? Great news.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Ah- so middle class folks, generally, will be affected the most? Great news.
i think you mean: middle class luxuries may be questioned as a need or not...
Worker bees will be impoverished...? No? :blush:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.