• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dauster

Reaction score
Yes, Daytona was the first watch. Black dial.

If you read my previous post it's as I said, my mother just connected with my AD who liked her story. I know it sounds weird, but that's literally just how it happened. I too get along with the AD quite well and we talk watches (she used to sell JLCs and when I first went in for the Daytona I was wearing my Reverso, so she knew I was serious about watches), but she apparently told my mother that I only got the BLRO because of her. I'll be confirming that in person. :-D Seriously though, no previous relationship and my mother wouldn't spend $2k on diamonds much less $200k. Heck, I wish she would offload all of her jewelry (she has too much of it and I'm set to inherit it some day) and get a nice pair of earrings and a bracelet or watch, but neither her nor my father have any interest in a "luxury" watch. In fact I've offered my Dad my Speedy Tuesday since he's openly admired it a few times, but he's afraid to wear a watch like that. Anyway, I seriously really enjoy chatting with the AD and one of the guys who works there. First time I went we were there two hours just to get the bracelet adjusted because we were chatting so much. In fact when I go to get the bracelet sized on the BLRO in a couple of weeks I'll probably be there for a couple of hours.

I was told be a local collector/vintage dealer I'm acquainted with that part of the equation might be that my AD is the newest one in the state. The local ones by me have long established client lists. I was told by one that I was "on the list", but I've never heard back in about 16 months. I like to think I'm pleasant and all things considered obviously a serious buyer, but never heard back. The other AD, the largest in the state, actually put in an order for a BLNR a few months before they switched over to the jubilee bracelet, but he said I probably wouldn't get it despite his putting in the order. I haven't followed up since I have a relationship with my current AD.
amazing, good to hear that good ADs are still out there and especially ones that appreciate watch lovers vs. selling out the back to the grey market dealers (at least that's a horror story I always hear).

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the new Moser, but not at just under $40K. If they came out with a similar looking three-hander that was around $20K, I think it would be a winner.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the new Moser, but not at just under $40K. If they came out with a similar looking three-hander that was around $20K, I think it would be a winner.
I can't read that name on SF without thinking of @edmorel

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooo i know exactly where this is....are you based in December?
No. But I spent a week there in January. Spent 6 weeks in Indo. Loved it and will be back. Currently in Philippines.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you read my previous post it's as I said, my mother just connected with my AD who liked her story. I know it sounds weird, but that's literally just how it happened.
You also lucked out in getting your BLRO on Christmas Eve. I popped into a local Rolex AD who mentioned they had a price increase on January 1st on all watches (not sure if it was just in the US or worldwide). New prices are on Rolex's website. No date Sub went from $7,500 to $7,900. An Explorer II is now $8,350, Hulk is now $9,500, a BLRO is now $9,700, and a steel Daytona is $13,150.

Scuppers

Reaction score
You also lucked out in getting your BLRO on Christmas Eve. I popped into a local Rolex AD who mentioned they had a price increase on January 1st on all watches (not sure if it was just in the US or worldwide). New prices are on Rolex's website. No date Sub went from $7,500 to $7,900. An Explorer II is now $8,350, Hulk is now $9,500, a BLRO is now $9,700, and a steel Daytona is $13,150.
It was global. We, down here, got another price hike, too.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, trust me, I saw that. On the one had I'm happy as I've saved a good little bit in the least year or so as a result. That said I'm just thinking about the extra money I'll have to shell out if the AD calls, but if she does I'm not complaining and will happily pay the Daytona difference if I can get a white dial. I'm actually hoping the Hulk price hike means it's not going to be discontinued just yet.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worldwide. The rose gold datejust that my wife had her eye on went up a little10%. And just a couple of months ago an AD in Kuala Lumpur was offering it at a 10% discount. I’m basically going to end up paying about 25% more for the same watch. Gives credence to the old “you snooze; you lose” saying.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Worldwide. The rose gold datejust that my wife had her eye on went up a little10%. And just a couple of months ago an AD in Kuala Lumpur was offering it at a 10% discount. I’m basically going to end up paying about 25% more for the same watch. Gives credence to the old “you snooze; you lose” saying.
We had a price hike not so long ago, the annual price hike now equates to about 15%.
Expertly controlled supply and demand seems to be working for them.
I recall watching the COSC in 93/94. Rolex were submitting 900,000 plus. With all the investment they have sank into hyper machine production, it perplexes me that they are not exceeding this 25 yo parameter. While screaming we are at capacity!
charitable fund my left whats-it...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%