• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
I share your feelings on Nomos. Amazing watches, but the bauhaus designs do nothing for me. I kept wanting to like them but never could.
Same. They just leave me cold. They feel too austere and well, cold, to me.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex @ crown took my name down for a 116618, no problem. I think it tends to be a case of feet on ground and you get proper service - cold calling in this market doesn’t have much effect.

They are expecting delivery mid this month.
Did you get the call for solid gold sub? I have my name down at the Kennedy store. But no call.

johnvw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The Patek perpetual calendar chronograph in platinum is what he should get or if possible the Patek Nautilus 5711 in platinum. .
It must be nice to be well-heeled enough to consider these this way. :colgate:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I share your feelings on Nomos. Amazing watches, but the bauhaus designs do nothing for me. I kept wanting to like them but never could.
I respect what they make, and although they did little for me in photos, I thought maybe I would like them more in person. When I finally tried them on, it simply confirmed their watches are not for me. Too austere, and I didn't like the lugs on them or how they sat on my wrist. Great quality, especially for the price, but not for me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Count me among the anti-Nomos crowd. What's weird is that I like the similar looking Slim d'Hermes a lot. Can a cool font make that big a difference?

mak1277

Reaction score
Count me among the anti-Nomos crowd. What's weird is that I like the similar looking Slim d'Hermes a lot. Can a cool font make that big a difference?
I like the Slim d'Hermes a lot too but never considered it similar to Nomos. I'll have to take a look.

I probably shouldn't like the Slim d'Hermes anyway since it's a watch made by a fashion company :nest:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I feel the same way about the Sd'H ... but there you have it.

Nothing necessarily logical about me when it comes to watches.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the call for solid gold sub? I have my name down at the Kennedy store. But no call.
I visited pretty much every AD I could yesterday (Crown, WOS, Hourglass etc).. bust!
it is kind of sad seeing all of these empty display cases.
with the GST refund and exchange rate I was hopeful.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sydney is a bust also.
Empty displays unless you are after some bejewelled monstrosity

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.