• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ebitdaddy

Reaction score
I avoid Rolex too because it has a bad connotation in high finance. Especially when you're well under 30.

That being said I 100% just bought a Milgauss because g r e e n

an draoi

Reaction score
A ceramic bezel is bling?
Not in or of itself. But it has a higher shine than the alumnium inserts or steel bezels, which adds to the overall glittery sparkly blinginess of certain modern iterations.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When my Uber/Grab drivers have worn Rolexes, as today's did, they have invariably been polite and pleasant individuals. I think the brand has an undeserved bad reputation.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I avoid Rolex too because it has a bad connotation in high finance. Especially when you're well under 30.

Not a popular choice on here - the consensus seems to be to drool over Air Kings and Explorer 1s - but I like ‘em especially the blue-green version. I just don’t know where it would ‘fit in’ in my collection and so it probably would spend too much time in the drawer. If a bargain came my way though ...

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input on Pam 422 vs Speedy. I have thought about it over the last week and this evening decided on the Pam. I will eventually have a speedy on my collection at some point. I think why I didn’t get the speedy were-
- I already have 2 stainless steel classic watches (gmt master 2 ln & datejust ||)
- There was a possibility When wearing speedy I may think of it as a lesser watch (fit / finish ,water resistance , ruggedness) - to Rolex.
- I think somehow speedy failed to sing to me the way Pam did.

Speedy is the more iconic of the two and easy to flip if needs be ,holds better value & more brand recognition. But I ended up ignoring all & buying what I liked more. I rang all the ADs and bargained super hard and was able to get great discount. Anyway here it is -

Attachments

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks HUUUUUUGE!

When the lugs are wider than your wrist ...
Indeed. Which makes me wonder about the new 38mm Luminor. It would be the first PAM I could wear, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of being true to the design of the first proper dive watch, especially as it doesn't even have a proper depth rating?

an draoi

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input on Pam 422 vs Speedy. I have thought about it over the last week and this evening decided on the Pam. I will eventually have a speedy on my collection at some point. I think why I didn’t get the speedy were-
- I already have 2 stainless steel classic watches (gmt master 2 ln & datejust ||)
- There was a possibility When wearing speedy I may think of it as a lesser watch (fit / finish ,water resistance , ruggedness) - to Rolex.

Speedy is the more iconic of the two and easy to flip if needs be ,holds better value & more brand recognition. But I ended up ignoring all & buying what I liked more. I rang all the ADs and bargained super hard and was able to get great discount. Anyway here it is -
I have to say it looks a... tad... large on your wrist. Nonetheless, enjoy! Mine says oi keep the bloody noise down some of us are trying to get some sleep.
20180723_004939.jpg

Talking of green watches (and watch sizes), I am finding myself drawn to this. The SA is concerned that an anorexic 42mm would be too small for me. Perhaps what she actually means is that if I were to wear a Panerai of this size, I would suddenly realise just how mahoosive the 47mm models are (possibly upon noticing how much less water was left on the floor at bathtime).

Panerai_Submersible_Verde_Militare_PAM01055_angle_1000.jpg

Scuppers

Reaction score

You’ll chip a lot of walls and furniture with that. However, if you’re happy with the proportions, enjoy.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really happy you are in love with your new purchase. For me, that watch looks like a wall clock on your wrist, but if you're happy then wear it in good health!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 138 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 260 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 125 15.8%
  • 31 - 40