• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paneristiman

Reaction score

There's something special about full set vintage watches, especially when the papers are well kept. Here's a Datejust 16013 with the wideboy dial, fullset from 1980.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this, supposedly from a reputable dealer. Never seen anything like it. Is it a Frankenwatch of sorts?

BE964B10-E1A8-4040-B118-B070132E2736.jpeg

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That the dial is so very, very fake should tell you all you need to know about the watch and the dealer. ?

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
It's been one week since we've launched the new Celadon Premier, and we're already about halfway to reaching our goal of 100 watches sold to fully fund Gentle Paws dog shelter (https://www.facebook.com/GentlePaws/) for a year!

Friends, please help to share this post on your newsfeeds and other social media, and tag or forward this to anyone you may know who might be interested in awesome watches and helping homeless dogs! Don't just read this and do nothing - you can help us make a difference and be a Force for Good too!

https://celadonhh.com/collections/premier

Peacock 2.jpg

Red 3.jpg

Back 2.jpg

70918779_2825857934100480_5966770310807027712_n.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a sad tale. There he was, one Ro-bro reaching out to make a connection with another, and yet you just left him hanging. If only you had looked back as the bus drove away, you might have seen him pressing his bare nipple against the glass of the rear window, mouthing the words "five digit reference".
That is a very odd reply to my post.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nice-looking watch, but that's because it's a direct copy of the classic Omega Seamaster 300 "Big triangle" ref. 165.024.

that's true, but isn't the design common to a number of mil-spec watches, CWC currently for example? isn't it like the german pilots' watches- no one company actually owns the design?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elegant! May I ask, do you ever wear this on a black strap, or on a brown one without contrast stitching?
No. I do not tend to change the straps on my watches. I do have two other watches of a similar shape with black straps.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop when it comes to the Rolex popularity explosion over the last few years so I'll ask this question here instead of getting laughed at by ADs:

Is it pretty much impossible to buy a stainless steel Daytona from an AD at or near MSRP these days without some ridiculous waitlist?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And yet...

I rode the San Francisco Muni from Market Street to the new Chase Center a few days ago. I've never ridden Muni before, ever. My GMT-Master was almost entirely hidden underneath my cuff. A guy got on the trolley with what looked like a small PA and I took him to be a street musician, perhaps. He sat a couple of seat rows away from me. Anyway, he kept staring at me and eventually we made eye contact and he said "GMT?" I nodded and he gave me a thumbs-up. A few minutes later, as I was getting off at the Chase Center he called out "I have a Sub". So, I guess, you never know...

I rarely had my sub peeking out in muni. I know there is a lot of wealth in sf but there are still crazies everywhere.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop when it comes to the Rolex popularity explosion over the last few years so I'll ask this question here instead of getting laughed at by ADs:

Is it pretty much impossible to buy a stainless steel Daytona from an AD at or near MSRP these days without some ridiculous waitlist?

I've been waiting for what, 3 or 4 years now.

Yoda_in_oxfords

Reaction score

Yes. And not just a wait list, but also an established buying history with that AD.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So currently its really hard to get most sporty stainless steel Rolex from an AD.

I remember in 2017 I tried on a gmt 2 blnr and a sub (no date) both readily available. When I finally decided to pull the trigger neither were in sight. I bought my sub w/date from Davidsw and with his markup it came out a bit under retail + tax. That wasn't a problem because even though it was grey market it was the most reliable one of the grey market sellers. Last thing I wanted was a fake Rolex.

Now I am in the hunt for a GMT 2 Pepsi or batman on jubilee bracelet but again no where in sight and due to the new movement upgrade the damn think sells for almost double. To get it from an AD for retail you have to have a good relationship with previous purchases and I am in no position to drop thousands on watches I don't need to get the one I want. Thus, you are SOL like the rest of us unless you have a good relationship with AD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics