• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing my LLD no-date. I've been trying to find a dive watch I like for a long time that isn't duplicative within my collection and I think this may be it. I own the Doxa Black Lung Sharkhunter too but wearing it in any situation outside of diving always feels off.

The LLD is certainly my largest watch, took a bit of getting used to mentally to wear something that engulfs my wrist but since it is a spec-for-spec remake of their late 50s models I've given it a pass.

I've also got a Tissot Janeiro incoming. I've heard its one of the least legible watches ever made but I've been wanting one for a few years now and finally decided what the hell, I'll give it a try.

IMG_20190803_133744_764.jpg

IMG_20190716_203044_453.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy every time you post that GMT you are breaking down my resolve to wait until I get on top of the waiting list for the ceramic and make me start searching for a vintage like yours. Damn you!
As you enjoyed the vintage Pepsi so much earlier, and because my wife wore it again yesterday, here's another. My watch, this time, is the Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" edition from a few years ago.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when you got that one. I quite like it but hash mark overload!
I used to have a world timer watch but flipped it for the Heuer Autavia redux which has a similar 12 hour bezel. It’s much more useful when changing time zones than the world timer. I decided I really don’t care what time it is in Riyadh or Bangkok!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need more pictures!

The top watch is the most complicated watch I own, a Longines Master Collection Triple-Date Moonphase Chrono. Also the longest-named watch I own! I don't wear it often, but I enjoy it when I do. The bottom watch is, of course, a Rolex GMT Master, from 1984.

View attachment 1238923
Since you mentioned we need more pictures, here are 2 reasons I love watches with blue dials.
CA503ED3-ADD9-45A5-9C7B-3AAA2529919B.jpeg
73176A32-F1FF-40C0-9052-5D24DF9E3016.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Asking the experts here... coworker's watch that he got from his dad who has since passed. Says it's from the 70's. Can you guys help identify?
View attachment 1240406View attachment 1240407
I'm not sure what is up with the back there, but that is an Omega Megasonic 750Mhz, which was a real oddity. I think that the movement is a Calibre 1230, and used a magnetic tuning fork.

I think that the reference is Omega reference 196.0022 - I don't know that much about this particular watch - my interest in 70s Omegas are more their TV dial Seamaster Automatic Chronos, but these are pretty cool. A related movement is used in the famous Meca, which was apparently lashed to the bow of the Omega sponsored Americas Cup yacht, and it only lost a few seconds throughout the voyage.

Edit: wrong about the reference. I'll look it up and edit when I get that right.

Last edited:

jischwar

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is up with the back there, but that is an Omega Megasonic 750Mhz, which was a real oddity. I think that the movement is a Calibre 1230, and used a magnetic tuning fork.

I think that the reference is Omega reference 196.0022 - I don't know that much about this particular watch - my interest in 70s Omegas are more their TV dial Seamaster Automatic Chronos, but these are pretty cool. A related movement is used in the famous Meca, which was apparently lashed to the bow of the Omega sponsored Americas Cup yacht, and it only lost a few seconds throughout the voyage.

Edit: wrong about the reference. I'll look it up and edit when I get that right.
Thanks for the response! Is it a 720Mhz? Do you think its gold or just gold plated?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Is it a 720Mhz? Do you think its gold or just gold plated?
Nearly assuredly good plated. It's an odd bird for sure. The dial indicates 720, which is really sorta unusual. Most of those electronic watches were 300, but they Megasonic was made back in 1973. You'd need to get a watch maker to open up the back to really figure it out for sure. The reference above is for a very similar watch, but with the 300 hz movement. I wonder if during some service, some well meaning watchmaker didn't just recase the watch incorrectly, though it's weird to recase into a gold plated case. I dunno.

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As you enjoyed the vintage Pepsi so much earlier, and because my wife wore it again yesterday, here's another. My watch, this time, is the Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" edition from a few years ago.
View attachment 1239556
Omega is wonderful. Wouldn’t you try it with an alligator leather watch strap rather than canvas?

Scuppers

Reaction score
9769164A-C5E1-4E17-9B9B-5DE2C7B6E4D8.jpeg
0C61D15A-F9F3-4ABD-B602-B01F6AEBF4E5.jpeg

Curious:
Was looking through some old auction catalogs at mums, found this “reverso”.

Does anyone know if it is just a JLC retailed by Cartier or an interpretation by Cartier?

Edit: was a Cartier themed auction in 1993, Christie’s.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.