• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

chocomallo

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that wonderful black face mask he used to sport in his photos (it was always so natural that I couldn’t tell whether it was photoshopped). It was probably made of (all natural) chambray dyed in the finest Italian squid ink. He was certainly ahead of his times. Only the most fashionable folks in Japan wear the black mask. The pedestrians wear white masks with pedestrian watches like Rolex and Speedmaster.

I saw a Nautilus on the train a few days ago, though, and it was underwhelming. Royal Oak by a country mile. If only the plebes here owned fine watches like the 5296G.

dan'l

Reaction score
Although I am not a huge fan, especially considering the price, I think B&R did a good job. You can still recognize their design in the new model, even if it looks a bit like a Genta knock-off.

I find the Oris really cool. I’d consider it, but think 44mm will wear too large for me. Personally, I’d have preferred a normal dial instead of the skeleton one. Still, handwound watches rock. Cool that they developed it.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my dad's old watches. No idea about reference and such. He used it as a field watch from the early 50s until the 70s or so, so I figured this kind of strap would be apt. Frankly I don't think my dad knew about NATO straps, despite being a NATO officer for some 40 years.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my dad's old watches. No idea about reference and such. He used it as a field watch from the early 50s until the 70s or so, so I figured this kind of strap would be apt. Frankly I don't think my dad knew about NATO straps, despite being a NATO officer for some 40 years.

View attachment 1238839
Cool! That's a really good-looking watch.

Last edited:

an draoi

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that wonderful black face mask he used to sport in his photos (it was always so natural that I couldn’t tell whether it was photoshopped). It was probably made of (all natural) chambray dyed in the finest Italian squid ink. He was certainly ahead of his times. Only the most fashionable folks in Japan wear the black mask. The pedestrians wear white masks with pedestrian watches like Rolex and Speedmaster.

I saw a Nautilus on the train a few days ago, though, and it was underwhelming. Royal Oak by a country mile. If only the plebes here owned fine watches like the 5296G.
I haven't a clue what you are wibbling on about, although I do suspect you are seeking to make mischief.

chocomallo

Reaction score
I haven't a clue what you are wibbling on about, although I do suspect you are seeking to make mischief.
In the words of the great Terry Southern, “Natch.” Just a bit of irreverence for the old timers clinging on here. Hard to stir the pot lately, though, since @TheFooperInChief has moved on from our unimportant corner of the forum. He’s no doubt pontificating on something more important. Thank goodness he isn’t limited by however many characters you get when twittering.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a hairy man myself, I hope it is the top one.
It is. The bottom one is my wife.
Andy every time you post that GMT you are breaking down my resolve to wait until I get on top of the waiting list for the ceramic and make me start searching for a vintage like yours. Damn you!
A vintage Pepsi is never a bad idea.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.