• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this dial specific to Asia? I haven't seen it in any JLC stores in Europe.

Oh, yesterday, I closed out an old, dormant, account, and this is the second old account I've closed out this month. Not a huge amount of money, but not trivial either. Either way, money that was dormant and not in the budget whatsoever

I gave the cashiers check to my wife:
Me: "Rolex? There is a vintage Datejust I want. Black dial, engine turned bezel, not a bad price either."
Wife: "No. Didn't you just get one?"
M: "No, that was a vintage gold plated Omega chronograph with a patina'd silver dial, and it needs to go to service anyway." (incidentally, going off today)
W: "Oh, I see. Still no."

#FML #firstworldproblems #shouldhaveusedthemoneyfirstgivenhertheremainderandshewouldhavebeenhappy.
what else is there to do with cash these days? zero interest rates, negative bond yields, stock markets looking volatile/expensive. a rolex or two honestly seems as good a place as any to park excess cash (not the 'hype' models ofc)

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If its an accurate tribute to vintage British automobiles, at least one light won't work, it won't start easily if left in the sun, and it will be leaking fluids. ;)

Dont forget the leaks...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what else is there to do with cash these days? zero interest rates, negative bond yields, stock markets looking volatile/expensive. a rolex or two honestly seems as good a place as any to park excess cash (not the 'hype' models ofc)

Or you can buy distressed assets and companies and sell for 4x in 2 years or so.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 5 for 5 (5 in 5 months).....

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont forget the leaks...

I didn't forget... "If its an accurate tribute to vintage British automobiles, at least one light won't work, it won't start easily if left in the sun, and it will be leaking fluids. ;) "

The image of an E-type in a parking lot at one of the car shows I attended is firmly etched in my memory....that’s coolant leaking from the E-Type.
4124FDFB-403B-4B61-9FC3-ED62A4B284EA.jpeg
F33D7030-CF37-4D50-80E4-0F5687B13BA0.jpeg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't forget... "If its an accurate tribute to vintage British automobiles, at least one light won't work, it won't start easily if left in the sun, and it will be leaking fluids. ;) "

The image of an E-type in a parking lot at one of the car shows I attended is firmly etched in my memory....that’s coolant leaking from the E-Type.
View attachment 1236264 View attachment 1236265
I meant from above. Nothing leaks more consistently than a sieve than the rag top on a british car...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wire it to me ;)

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If its an accurate tribute to vintage British automobiles, at least one light won't work, it won't start easily if left in the sun, and it will be leaking fluids. ;)
It's not just British cars. My 450SL leaks everything, slowly: oil, coolant, transmission fluid. The soft top leaks, of course. So does the hard top. The solution? I don't worry about it. ?‍♂️

I might as well post a picture, as I'm here...

That's a 1984 reference 16750, and a Seamaster Pro Planet Ocean from around 2012.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of examples of German engineering. The watch is a Stowa Marine limited edition I picked up recently. It's on a grey suede Hodinkee strap as I'm not a fan of Stowa's straps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads