• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rodgers12

Reaction score
I have a sneaking admiration for the Milgaus even though they’re not that popular. Not sure where it would fit in my rotation so not sure it would get out of the drawer too often. What are you asking for it?
I would be looking for retail essentially.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you ? the dial was reasons I bought this piece having already a Reverso gmt I was slightly hesitant to pull the trigger at first.

I get the feeling. Even though I have a Reverso I've been tempted by a couple of others. Anyway, congrats.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this dial specific to Asia? I haven't seen it in any JLC stores in Europe.

Oh, yesterday, I closed out an old, dormant, account, and this is the second old account I've closed out this month. Not a huge amount of money, but not trivial either. Either way, money that was dormant and not in the budget whatsoever

I gave the cashiers check to my wife:
Me: "Rolex? There is a vintage Datejust I want. Black dial, engine turned bezel, not a bad price either."
Wife: "No. Didn't you just get one?"
M: "No, that was a vintage gold plated Omega chronograph with a patina'd silver dial, and it needs to go to service anyway." (incidentally, going off today)
W: "Oh, I see. Still no."

#FML #firstworldproblems #shouldhaveusedthemoneyfirstgivenhertheremainderandshewouldhavebeenhappy.

This was released in SIHH it's a boutique only edition the watch just started came out recently in Singapore I suspect it will be available very soon in other countries.

Luckily for me my partner don't complain too much about my watch spending but that may change in the future lol.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
31EA763F-F7E3-4D05-9DA3-B25751EF0F5A.jpeg

Got this guy yesterday; IWC Mark XI tribute x The Rake x Revolution watch. 36mm bronze Mark XVIII pilot, came with 3 NATO straps: this George Cleverley 1786 Russian Reindeer one, an olive suede and an olive nylon.

Really cool watch and one of 150 to boot

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right size, no date, nice.

dan'l

Reaction score
View attachment 1233479

Got this guy yesterday; IWC Mark XI tribute x The Rake x Revolution watch. 36mm bronze Mark XVIII pilot, came with 3 NATO straps: this George Cleverley 1786 Russian Reindeer one, an olive suede and an olive nylon.

Really cool watch and one of 150 to boot
Very nice. I’m a big Mark XI fan.

I like the look of bronze cases, but not sure how I feel about the patina’d ones. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts after a few months. Keep us posted!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone find me a Datejust (1603 or 16030) with a grey linen dial, please! That's not some ridiculously high price and/or of very dubious provenance. Missed out on that one at HQ Hamilton. Know I should have just pulled the trigger.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Just check watchrecon. There have been a few very nice linen-dialled examples showing up lately.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cellinium is the best element!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks interesting - it has a jumping hour?

Do the lights work? :tongue:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads