• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually those watches are quite nice. Great entry-level automatic to give to a kid.
I gave both of my nephews seiko 5's for their 10th birthday's and for 60$ its a heck of a watch for the $$. Based on how they look now after a couple of years, I am glad I didn't spend more on them. Kids beat the hell out of them.

I will save some more and get them a nicer piece when they turn 18, but I just could't ever buy them a MVMT. They are the Untuckit of the watch world.

DL-

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave both of my nephews seiko 5's for their 10th birthday's and for 60$ its a heck of a watch for the $$. Based on how they look now after a couple of years, I am glad I didn't spend more on them. Kids beat the hell out of them.

I will save some more and get them a nicer piece when they turn 18, but I just could't ever buy them a MVMT. They are the Untuckit of the watch world.

DL-
I've done the same thing. Got the younger one's a Seiko. Gave my 18 year old nephew a Unimatic diver as it fit his personality perfectly. Christopher Ward, Archimede, Hamilton, and Seiko for my kid (who is always eyeing my Submariner...)

dan'l

Reaction score
State of the collection. I have two others on the radar but apart from those I do not foresee any changes in the near term.
How do you like that PP 5000? I really like the cal. 240 with micro-rotor, but the watch felt too small to me when I tried one on, even though my wrists are anything but thick.

Seeing that you have an Octo, I suppose you have a thing for micro-rotors!

chocomallo

Reaction score
How do you like that PP 5000? I really like the cal. 240 with micro-rotor, but the watch felt too small to me when I tried one on, even though my wrists are anything but thick.

Seeing that you have an Octo, I suppose you have a thing for micro-rotors!
I really love it. It’s actually the 5026. It’s only 33mm but I think the size is no problem. I prefer smaller dress watches. I find the bigger ones like the 5296 too spread out so they are a little less elegant.

No real preference for micro-rotors, but they are nice. I have just bought watches that I think are great designs and quality and that are comfortable on my wrist. Although I consider brand and in-house movements when buying, they are much less important characteristics to me.

Dust For Eyes

Reaction score
It is an Orbita. It has a carbon fiber exterior. I think it may have been an exclusive for the Japanese market. I cannot find it online anymore unfortunately.
Ah I see.

I am in the market for a case. I note that Orbita also makes winders. I might be able to stretch my budget to a 4 watch winder if I knew it was perfect.

The quality of winders seems to vary as wildly as watches themselves so I'm finding it difficult to get one that suits my needs.

I'm keen to get a winder as I've just picked up a perpetual calendar which is a bit of a bore setting the time (day/date/month) each time it comes in rotation.

chocomallo

Reaction score
Ah I see.

I am in the market for a case. I note that Orbita also makes winders. I might be able to stretch my budget to a 4 watch winder if I knew it was perfect.

The quality of winders seems to vary as wildly as watches themselves so I'm finding it difficult to get one that suits my needs.

I'm keen to get a winder as I've just picked up a perpetual calendar which is a bit of a bore setting the time (day/date/month) each time it comes in rotation.
Which perpetual did you get?

I like the SwissKubik Startbox. It’s not programmable, though. I’ve tried several others and like the SwissKubik the best. It’s very nice quality and quiet.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DL-
Try watches from KS for some fun

img_1565495132658.jpg

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.