• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you appraising for insurance purposes?
Yes. I haven't updated the value since I bought it in the UK almost 20 years ago. There was a waitlist in Germany, where I was living at the time, so I grabbed it in London while on a business trip.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I haven't updated the value since I bought it in the UK almost 20 years ago. There was a waitlist in Germany, where I was living at the time, so I grabbed it in London while on a business trip.
Might be worth calling your insurer. Mine is pretty flexible with paperwork.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be worth calling your insurer. Mine is pretty flexible with paperwork.
Certainly worth calling, but I know plenty require an appraisal for anything over 10 years old (at least in the US).

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. You are so intent on launching a defence you have missed the message. As for tautological...give me strength.

You seem to be confusing this hobby to a macro environment, it ain’t, these are - largely - rarefied pieces.
Buying a common Rolex model is buying a rarified piece? This isn't a thread for such hyped rarities Sir.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Nice 16800; I like the transitional Subs a lot. That later SEL bracelet paired with the old-school matte dial is a cool look, too.

:cheers:

Reaction score
^
Nice 16800; I like the transitional Subs a lot. That later SEL bracelet paired with the old-school matte dial is a cool look, too.

:cheers:
Thank you! You know your time pieces :cheers: I have the original bracelet and it is in very good condition but Im not a fan of the rattle from the endlinks so I picked up a unpolished bracelet from a 90's SD at a auction earlier this year.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
I love my datejust but there's something special about a sub, yours looks great! Considering picking one up next, but I've also got my eye on the Tudor BB58 as I'd love a beater I can forget about. Just hate that riveted bracelet...

dan'l

Reaction score
So you're telling me, i could use my dive watches to accurately measure things like driving to work?

not a fan of that watch tho. it seems confused. or rather, it makes me confused.
Sure, why not? As long as your commute is less than 60 minutes, that is. Of course it is not as easy to use as a chronograph, but all you need to do is rotate the bezel marker to where the minute hand is, as I described in my earlier post, and then read the elapsed minutes off the bezel. On most dive watches only the first 15 minutes have minute-markers, so after that you need to guess-timate within the 10 minute range.

chocomallo

Reaction score
I've been wearing a lot more of this since it got back from service, quite enjoying it. 36mm on an 18mm strap makes it wear unlike anything modern and I love that.
View attachment 1205123
Superb. 36mm or even less doesn't wear as small as people imagine. Your collection is awesome. I admire your taste in watches. How do you think this would look with square pushers instead? Maybe too dressy?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m digging the Zenith Defy Classic Ceramic featured on HODINKEE. Definitely not a OneWatch, probably not a great choice for a second or third watch, but a killer fun watch for the fourth or fifth slot.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.