• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks much nicer with some wear and patina than new and blingy IMO. Every mark tells a tale

I agree, but this looks like titanium, so even from new it would've looked much less blingy than the (polished) steel models.

The 177 I had had a sandwich dial, whereas this one looks like a sausage dial. I'm not sure if early versions of the 177 had a sausage dial, but I suspect that Greg's one is either a PAM 61 or a PAM 118 (both with chocolate dial).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PAM 118E

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be traveling to NYC for a week. Dropping the Lange off to be fully serviced in germany and taking two additional pieces with me...

This is one of the pair
1560627806157.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be traveling to NYC for a week. Dropping the Lange off to be fully serviced in germany and taking two additional pieces with me...

This is one of the pair
View attachment 1195860

That's one of my favorite versions of the Royal Oak. Great size and beautiful dial color! Have fun in NYC and if you pick up anything to bring home, be sure to share a wrist shot with us :-D

borbor

Reaction score
three pieces that see the most wrist time. fills the travel roll nicely. That GMT almost never leaves my wrist when I'm on the road. Cyclops is a huge pet peeve of mine :D. The 116520 is the newest to the box. Just missing a Lange 1 to tick the dress watch box and i'm done. Had six watches at one point and found I never really wear more than 5.

An awesome blue POW check unfunded liability as background for good measure

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
three pieces that see the most wrist time. fills the travel roll nicely. That GMT almost never leaves my wrist when I'm on the road. Cyclops is a huge pet peeve of mine :D. The 116520 is the newest to the box. Just missing a Lange 1 to tick the dress watch box and i'm done. Had six watches at one point and found I never really wear more than 5.

View attachment 1196451

Nice travel group! Someone recently asked me how often I rotate through my watches. I had to admit that when I had 4 watches I rotated through them all the time. Once I had more than 6, I found I didn't rotating through them as often. Beyond 6 I tended to wear a piece for a few weeks at a time. Although, maybe it was also a function of a busier schedule and not having as much time to choose pieces and intentionally rotate through them. Anyway, wishing you luck on adding that Lange 1 soon. :cheers:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CDB039B0-BC86-4DB4-A275-8421DA9617D4.jpeg

Rare usage of GMT function

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1196451

Buy my Lange 1 so I can replace it with a Lange 1 with moon phase lolol

Last edited:

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to check out a few pateks today as I've been thinking about grabbing one with moon phase. Really gorgeous but IMO definitely a step down from Sohne. The finishing is not as nice.

Attachments

• 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190625143116800.jpg
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190625143116800.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 75

lexmann

Reaction score
Got to check out a few pateks today as I've been thinking about grabbing one with moon phase. Really gorgeous but IMO definitely a step down from Sohne. The finishing is not as nice.
That really surprised me!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really surprised me!

Like Rolex they don't have to finish it to the highest degree to sell. When marketing works. This is the same as Seiko and GS. Prior to the global campaign and price increases the polishing was actually better. They probably hired new youngsters to cope with the increased demand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads