• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought Id post this one. Flat Alligator strap on a clients classic Cellini - really elegant watch IMO, dont know what the feeling here is on them.

Charlie

Attachments

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a good illustration of the old maxim that no-one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the [watch-buying] public...

What makes it even more insane is that, according to the article, the watch was released as a limited edition last year - and now they're releasing it as another limited edition. I mean, if you release it in *two* limited editions, that must mean it's twice as limited, right?!

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yes, doubly-limited, as it were :) And I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Do people still say that? Apologies to any Hublot fans...I guess they're popular for a reason.

Thank you Charlie for the palate-cleansing Cellini. Looks like a real classic, understated tank-style watch. And a great strap combo of course.

Cellini doesn't really get much run here on TWAT II. But one thing I've noticed is that Rolex seems to be pushing them more in the US, in terms of magazine ads, billboards, etc. And I'm sure that has everything to do with the Great Steel Sports Model Shortage™.

I find a lot of the Cellinis (past and present) quite attractive, but tend to lean toward other brands for a dress watch.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a trust fund friend who I met a couple of times. He was an exceptionally nice guy and very generous. He took a group of us to a Heat game courtside and then to dinner at Nobu, where he picked up the bill and wouldnt even discuss me chipping in. On his wrist was a solid gold Hublot Big Bang on a bracelet that weighed what felt like 15 pounds. When he handed it to me, I was completely unprepared for how heavy it would be. I mean, it was hideous and grotesque, but there was something intriguing about it in the way that you cant look away from a car crash. I'm glad I got to see it in person as an experience.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
<snip>

Thank you Charlie for the palate-cleansing Cellini.

<snip>
What a great way of putting it! Certainly a pleasant sight after the worst (??) Hublot can throw at us...

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yeah, that pairing is pretty much ideal. Big thumbs up.

Awesome 5513 too, Greg...an old-school Sub is never the wrong choice.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.