• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yeah they don’t have as much heat on them as the standard Moon Watch....kind of a sleeper in that way. Same for the FOIS.

Of course it hasn’t left my wrist yet (except for showers!) And surprisingly I’m NOT in a hurry to put it on a strap, which was my full intention. Feels nice and balanced on the bracelet.

I’ve tried on more than a few different models over the years—and it’s frequently been said that everyone should own a Speedmaster at some point in their watch journey. So suffice it to say that after a good 48 hrs. (LOL) I’m still quite thrilled that I finally picked one up.

And I know the thread is already full of similar pics but here’s another one from my AM commute :-D F0F39041-6D38-4779-9676-28D70C07BA38.jpeg

#navyginghamisutterlyinescapable

ptfly

Reaction score
Very interesting article. It confirms what many of us have probably been thinking: the current large watch trend is out of step with what buyers want/need.

It does seem like some recent releases (Black Bay 58, Zenith Heritage 146) are finally beginning to acknowledge this reality, but it will take quite a while to clear the retail channel. It will be really telling if we see some classics return to their original size, but so far most brands seem to still be upsizing their lines. Seems totally counter intuitive, but maybe the watch companies know something we don’t. This data suggests they don’t. Will make for an even harder landing in the next recession.
IMO the pendulum swings slowly. I think like in mens apparel the key is to properly fit the body/wrist. Far too many wrist shots with lugs overhanging wrists that would look much better with a smaller scale. In general it is swinging smaller only because the pendulum swung far to the oversized and is being corrected.
These things take years and move slowly. It doesn't mean that 34mm will be the standard case size overnight but the 44mm moves to 42mm to 40mm options.

Last edited:

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the pendulum swings slowly. I think like in mens apparel the key is to properly fitting the body/wrist. Far too many wrist shots with lugs overhanging wrists that would look much better with a smaller scale. In general it is swinging smaller only because the pendulum swung far to the oversized and is being corrected.
These things take years and move slowly. It doesn't mean that 34mm will be the standard case size overnight but the 44mm moves to 42mm to 40mm options.
The regression swings slowly, the need to be Uber current is often a snap decision. VC are the masters of that fu#k up.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

secret lives of taiwanese trillionaires

@Riva

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best correction ever.

(Updates Gou’s wealth in fifth paragraph.)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Not my personal favorite, but admittedly the two-tone look *has* been renaissancing its ass off lately. And it looks like the perfect size for you. Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads