1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Perhaps some active duty military people could speak in but I do not believe the M16 or the M4 have bayonet lugs.

2. velobran

velobran Senior member

Regarding Daryl - that group is looking for Rick. What's Daryl going to do when he realizes that or they find him? I mean - it's obvious what he's going to do - but that's just another small story line they can continue with these guys on the show.

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

Non-military, low-profile gas block guy speaking--I believe the milspec M4/M16 has a lug built in as part of the front sight base. During the AWB, civilian versions of the FSB were produced without it. There are replacement FSBs and clamp-on lugs that can be added to a lugless rifle, though.

In a zombie apocalypse situation, duct tape and wire would probably suffice.

1 person likes this.
  4. Harold falcon

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

it just crossed my mind that in that last episode with carol, tyreese and the girls, while they were inside the house carol used the stove and there was gas coming in. assuming it was 2-3 years from the start of the apocalypse, shouldn't the gas supply be dead by then? is that some easter egg thing?

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

It was a pretty rural area, it could well have been a tank on site that they would have had filled once a month or so. That's what my parents have.

7. Harold falcon

I have an external gas tank for the stove. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't survive the zombie apocalypse. It lasts a lot longer than a month, probably only has to be filled twice a year or so.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You're assuming someone has been using the gas at that house continuously since the outrbeak. Also, as far as I know community/city/neighborhood wide gas lines should last a long time particularly if your neighbors are all dead or missing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Soylent Green is people!!!!!

10. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Ahh, terribly unsatisfying season finale. We get to Terminus in the final minutes and then: wait until next season to see what happens. Would rather have seen Terminus play out this season, then have the writers stars from zero next season.

Rick fight was pretty good though.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  11. gort

gort Senior member

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

According to Wiki, every military version of the M-16 has a bayonet lug, although I have seen a photo of an A4 which does not seem to have one. I carried A1 and A2 models and know they had them from first hand experience.

1 person likes this.
  13. lefty

lefty Senior member

Goddamn, that was awful.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

That fight in the beginning with the hunters (Hunters???) was fucking intense. After that, it kinda dragged on. Things revved up again when Rick noticed the pocket watch and riot gear. Good set-up for the next season. No major deaths though which was pretty surprising.

15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Funny that Rick and Michonne were quiet and alert for about 5 seconds after a twig snapped in the dark, and then went right on with the conversation as if nothing had happened. They are out in the middle of nowhere during a zombie apocalypse with a fire to bring attention to their location. What could go wrong?

16. lefty

lefty Senior member

At this point the show is basically using characters in whatever stupid manner they can to get from one Z set piece to another.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  17. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

It would have been a lot more powerful, provided for a better showdown and been relevant to his storyline had Daryl "claimed" Rick, Michonne and Karl instead of the idiotic way it went down.

lefty

2 people like this.
  19. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

My thoughts on the finale

I can´t see the beginning as a plus. Yes, it was pretty cool how they dispatched of joe´s group, but it was also a bit moronic. 5 guys with guns get outsmarted just like that. Rick bites joe´s neck and no one realizes; michonne gets the drop on that fool and turns the gun on him just like that?? How stupid are these guys that none of them starts shooting. Cool scene, really cool, but a bit dumb how it all went down.
    The ending, on the other hand, was pretty well done. I kinda expected something like that but I was also a bit surprised by what actually happened. And very scary that beth ain´t there. I know she could be on the other cars but she could as well be on the grill. Yikes.

Now it´s up to Judith "little kickass" Grimes to solve this shitstorm. Rick was right, they messed with the wrong people.

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

As soon as Joe went down from the Rick bite, you could argue it was 3 on 3 considering one of the Hunters had their pants down :lol: