1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Awful episode. That last shot made me laugh out loud because it was so stupid.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I disagree. It was a decent episode.

2 people like this.
  4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

GF didn't suggest blowing off a wish list and just assembling a random grab bag. Your response attacks a total straw man. The point is that once you've collected everything on the list, as long as you can still carry more, why not grab additional meds that maybe you don't need to treat this particular flu but that might possibly come in handy later? I mean, there's a reason somebody stocked that stuff in the first place.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Governor, he is back DAMNIT!

6. legorogel

legorogel Senior member

Wow. Worst episode by far. I wish I could just stop watching. But next episode might have some plot in it....

7. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Hmm, that was actually my favorite episode in recent memory, with some solid action throughout (Rick and son mowing down walkers side by side, Herschel clearing the cell block) and the return of the Governor at the end.

The prison still seems like the best possible place for them to be, if they'd just keep the walkers by the fence under control and would keep the cell doors closed in the infirmary. Oh yeah, and if they can get the illness under control with the newly acquired meds. Only reasons I can see them leaving: to get away from the infection (though it's hard to believe they haven't all been exposed by now) or to escape whatever the Governor has planned.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I hate the Governor. Such a pussy compared to his comic book counter-part.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hmmm those walkers on the fence... why can't they think of a way for them to not actually lean on the fence?

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Because they're dumber than a bag of hammers.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Best of the season. Not too cringe-worthy, actual character development, and -gasp- something actually happened.

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

That was a fantastic episode.

Felt good to have a break from Rick and company.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. trendofcases

trendofcases New Member

This is one of my favorite comics and just won the Eisner Award for best series. I might have to go back and read the original issues since the story is so far along.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  15. Andre A

Andre A Active Member Affiliate Vendor

Well now looks like he lost his eye but gained a heart - fair trade?

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Well, I gathered that this was backfill -- that it in story chronology it predates the previous episode where we see him by the prison gate (and presumably are to understand that he's the one who was baiting zombies to the fence and possibly also poisoning the water supply). If that's the case, it seems like he's still pretty much a vindictive dick with a Grinch-sized heart. Even when he was running Woodbury, he was presented as having physical courage and a capacity for loyalty or service to others, even if his capacity to feel true emotional warmth to anyone other than his little zombie daughter was questionable.

17. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

I agree. It might be time for the old group to all start dying -- the only time the show got better was when none of them were in it. [​IMG]

18. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Fixed. Wasn't it established late last season that he finally snapped? Yeah he was no saint before then but he'd lost his marbles. If the episode was backfill as you suggest, maybe something goes astray (I missed whatever happened after his old comrade found him in the hole) that leads him to go apeshit again.

19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Either the little girl dies or the two women get raped. Either way, as good as this episode was, it will ultimately be pointless if they turn him into a psychopath again 2-3 episodes down the road.